AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » You're all invited to TAG's Holiday Party!

Author Topic: You're all invited to TAG's Holiday Party!
Kevin
IE # 44
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the Animation Guild's annual holiday party is tomorrow night (Friday, Dec. 9) at the Pickwick in Burbank. The entire animation community is invited. It's from 6 pm to midnight, and will feature a hosted bar, delicious food, a gift for everyone attending, and live music by the Morton String Quartet.

This is the biggest single animation-related event of the year, and the last few have been the best attended and most successful ever. So come on out and celebrate another year of making the world a better place to be, and catch up with old friends and collegues.

IP: Logged
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Details in AN's F&E Forum:

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000220;p=1#000001

--------------------
 -

Kevin
IE # 44
Member # 26

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops, that should have been "music by The Morton Bay String Quartet."

Directions to the Pickwick Center can be found at
Pickwick Center

The address is 1001 Riverside Drive in Burbank.

I should also clarify the food is hors d'oeuvres. It's not a sit-down dinner. Based on feedback, we made an effort to not have as much fried food as last year, so this should be an improvement.

And I should clarify that "hosted bar" means we up the tab. Which means you have to party responsibly and arrange for a designated driver. [Wink]

Kion
IE # 130
Member # 700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kion   Author's Homepage   Email Kion         Edit/Delete Post 
Crap don't think i can make it this year

--------------------
www.naughtydog.com

Kevin
IE # 44
Member # 26

Thanks, Charles. I didn't realize you'd posted that.

By the way, I know someone who got a job each of the last two years based on bumping into the right person at the Guild's party. Obviously that's exceptional, but it is a great chance to network and reconnect with people.

Also, once again the Guild will be accepting voluntary charitable donations at the party, which we will match up to $10,000. This year the contributions will go to the Motion Picture and Television Fund and/or the Walsh/DiTolla/Spivak Foundation Hurricane Katrina Fund (the latter is a fund to help union workers affected by Katrina). Any such contributions are fully tax-deductible, but plan to contribute by check if you want a receipt.

Methuselah
IE # 148
Member # 401

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Methuselah   Email Methuselah         Edit/Delete Post 
Out of curiousity, are there any other IATSE guilds that open their Xmas parties to anyone and everyone, member or not, that shows up? [Wink]

One of these days I'd like my dues to also partly go towards, I don't know, a spiffy Beefy-T or something. The kind I see every other industry union member wearing on live action shoots. What's the freebie this year?

Kevin
IE # 44
Member # 26

I don't know of any other entertainment unions or guilds that have an open-house party, but that doesn't mean they don't happen.

As for the gift, it's a surprise. I think this will be a popular one, though. We did a Guild t-shirt a couple of years ago. I know they have some left at the union building on Lankershim. If you didn't get yours at the time, stop by sometime and pick one up.

Evan Esparza
IE # 214
Member # 3171

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Evan Esparza   Email Evan Esparza         Edit/Delete Post 
*cries* High tab bar!!!

jk, but it is close, so I might show up with a buddy if he's not sick...I dont want to go by myself, that would look stupid! Plus I dont know anyone and the death threats are always present [Wink]

Normally, I only goto events that host me as VIP, CEO, guest of honor, free parking, free booze and master of the universe, but maybe I can make an exception [Smile]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012