AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » New Concept Art for AMERICAN DOG & RAPUNZEL UNBRAIDED (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: New Concept Art for AMERICAN DOG & RAPUNZEL UNBRAIDED
eboles
IE # 266
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eboles   Email eboles         Edit/Delete Post 
that kid looks like a human version of Chicken Little, but the American Dog pic is the best yet.
IP: Logged
DLA
Member # 1278

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLA   Email DLA         Edit/Delete Post 
Rapunzel actually looks a lot better than I thought it would---a "Painterly" CGI film! It's still a long way off, so hopefully they will get the story right.

The style of the Robinsons looks a little like The Incredibles, and yes, that little boy looks like Chicken Little!

Great image from American Dog as well---reminds me a little of those old Golden Book storybooks.

Graphiteman
IE # 218
Member # 2092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graphiteman   Author's Homepage   Email Graphiteman         Edit/Delete Post 
The dog: Very Snoopy-like proportions.
ScribbleChimp
IE # 165
Member # 1873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScribbleChimp   Email ScribbleChimp         Edit/Delete Post 
I really dig the animation of the villain in “Wilbur Robinson”. Last year Disney showed a bunch of still art and some very early animation at one of there recruiting fests. Frankly it looked about as stimulating and appealing as stale bread. The lively stylized animation gives me hope for the final film

Disney gets a lot of crap. But they really seem to be pioneering with there CG work. The squashy, stretchy overlappy animation in Chicken Little reminds me a lot of the classic Disney shorts, the seven dwarves and Dumbo. It’s a style we haven’t seem before in CG. Repunzel , if done right . Looks like it could really show that CG can bring animation to places the classical methods could never hope too.

--------------------
-Mike
Nobody loves you because your tiny and made of meat!

knowledge
IE # 258
Member # 462

Icon 13 posted      Profile for knowledge   Email knowledge         Edit/Delete Post 
sorry scribblechimp I beg to differ. I find the villian's face unappealing with no unique design sense to it. I would love to see the old Disney design style (milt) used and see how that would look in 3d!
eboles
IE # 266
Member # 917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eboles   Email eboles         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I found the villains face quite ugly or unappealing, but you have to admit, the animation is rather impressive. I especially like that bit where he backs up against the wall in the first clip.
ScribbleChimp
IE # 165
Member # 1873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScribbleChimp   Email ScribbleChimp         Edit/Delete Post 
Its not really the design i like but the animation. The acting is really lively and i like some the shapes they get out of the model. I'm hoping the animators are able to put life and appeal into otherwise bland designs

--------------------
-Mike
Nobody loves you because your tiny and made of meat!

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012