AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » How Many AN Posters Are REALLY Professional Cartoonists? (Page 5)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: How Many AN Posters Are REALLY Professional Cartoonists?
Ravenshoe
IE # 186
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ravenshoe           Edit/Delete Post 
Me like!
IP: Logged
Ravenshoe
IE # 186
Member # 783

quote:
Again, you want everyone who disagress with you to shut up on your say-so. Please, grow up.
This is an open forum to express the voice of the animation industry. That's what it says right under "AnimationNation.com". If another industry PRO says something, I'm willing to listen and discuss the point. If someone with no practical (read: real world) knowledge or experience spouts off, I question the validity of his (meaning your) viewpoint.

quote:
It's real nice that you went out to get coffee for some animators or whatever you did, but that does not count for much when you hysterically rush to defend garbage like Loonatics. That renders your opinons null and void (in my opinion). You don't sound very professional to me.
I didn't rush to defend Loonatics. I said "wait and see". I also pointed out that the success of a show means employment for animators. Which of course is a concern for professionals within the animation industry. As for "your opinion"...

----

My kids were watching The Incredibles today. You know who you remind me of?

IncrediBoy - a bitter wanna-be fanboy.

As far as "please, grow up", are you going to pony up the fifteen clams and support the site or just continue to freeload? What's it gonna be, Sport?

fishmorg3
Member # 1906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fishmorg3   Email fishmorg3         Edit/Delete Post 
Well I must admit, ravenshoe, you have certainly picked out the right avatar for yourself. What a brittle little dawg. [Wink]

You keep trying to set yourself up as the arbiter of What Shall Be Said here... all in vain.

There' a bit that just appeared at the Cartoon Brew site... about the concept you worship, the Loonatics:

I just stumbled upon animator Nancy Beiman's new blog. Beiman, a very talented cartoonist, director & teacher - and former neighbor of mine - has posted a great quote from Greg Ford on his reaction to LOONATICS:
"They are the perfect models for the current era," Greg told me. "Bugs Bunny was created during a populist era in the second Roosevelt administration, and a few years later, he fought the Fascists.

See, ravenshoe, the Fascists were pretty nasty guys, They demanded that everyone else shut up and do everything THEIR way -- no backtalk allowed.

Words to the wise, eh, ravenshoe? [Wink]

If you're automatically insulted whenever anyone disagrees with you,you're really going to have to work on that professional thick skin of yours.

fishmorg3
Member # 1906

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fishmorg3   Email fishmorg3         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, and that quote above ended with the words:

"These characters are the Fascists."

Do hope you're not offended. Your opinion is worth so much more than anybody else's [Wink]

Ravenshoe
IE # 186
Member # 783

I've met Nancy Beiman and corresponded with her for a time. She's a very nice and very talented lady. I certainly wouldn't want to speak for her, or put words in her mouth. But I think she'd find you "amusing".

If you don't mind a personal question, Why are you so angry? You're calling me names and accusing me of being a facist. On what do you base your accusations?

If you don't like Loonatics, and I don't care one-way or the other, how or why does that make me a facist?

If I think that the opinions of students and fans don't mean much when it comes to technical or business issues, that doesn't make me a facist, either.

The junior guy in the layout department doesn't call the shots around the studio for a damned good reason. He doesn't have the experience. Give him 10 or 20 years - but as a student or fan, no.

Sorry if your shorts are in a knot, kid. But like Simon Cowell told the weird guy (who sung like a girl) on American Idol, "You have more important issues in your life right now..."

Ravenshoe
IE # 186
Member # 783

As far as the dog - they were fresh out of Airedale Terriers. This guy whom I've named "Fishmorg3" (on account of the smell) was the closest they had. Glad you like him.
Ravenshoe
IE # 186
Member # 783

Apparently my dog can't spell "fascist".

Animals' chronic inability to spell and lack of opposable thumbs are all that separate us.

Frightening, no?

gergley
IE # 200
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gergley   Email gergley         Edit/Delete Post 
Ravenshoe and Fishmorg3 :
3 Options for ya:

1)Take your conversation off the board and continue it via email

2)Step away from the keyboards and stop reacting to every little post on this message board in a kneeJERK fashion... it is not as if you must reply to everything even if you are offended by what you've read.

3)Ignore one another.

It'll be a testament to your professionalism if you don't reply to this thread until you can be a bit more civil and address the topic at hand. And, the thing is you probably accomplished that feat with your first posts on this thread. What more is there for you to say?

Believe me, with your nattering and jibing are partially proving why this topic exists in the first place:

of the 3000 plus members of AN there are too few people who post and some of those who do post tend to post too often without always adding much to the board.

God knows, you don't want MOM to step in and tell you to knock it off.

Ravenshoe
IE # 186
Member # 783

Thanks. Noted.
fishmorg3
Member # 1906

Fine -- if paranoid pup can stop the personal insults, projection and paranoia.

Although it's clear that the majority of acknowledge professinals also recognise Loonatics as junk. How does ravenshoe propose to make THEM shut up, I wonder.

fishmorg3
Member # 1906

Oops -- that's "acknowledged professionals." Wouldn't want to upset a certain someone with incorrect spelling. [Wink]
The Mod
Administrator
Member # 854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mod   Email The Mod         Edit/Delete Post 
I trust that this topic has reached it's intended answer to the original question.

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3  4  5 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012