AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » GARY OWENS Signs New Book HOW TO MAKE A MILLION DOLLARS WITH YOUR VOICE On 9/22/04!

Author Topic: GARY OWENS Signs New Book HOW TO MAKE A MILLION DOLLARS WITH YOUR VOICE On 9/22/04!
Scott Shaw!
IE # 132
Member # 172

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Scott Shaw!   Email Scott Shaw!         Edit/Delete Post 
I fully realize that many of you reading this will be unable to attend due to geographic unfeasibility, but there are also a lot of Southern California-dwelling folks who visit here who will definitely want to attend this event.

On Wednesday, September 22, 2004, legendary animation, radio, TV and movie personality (and my dear friend) Gary Owens will be signing his new book HOW TO MAKE A MILLION DOLLARS WITH YOUR VOICE -- OR LOSE YOUR TONSILS TRYING (written with Jeff Lenberg) from 7pm to 9pm at Dutton's Bookstore in North Hollywood. The store's address is 5146 Laurel Canyon Blvd., North Hollywood (just south of Magnolia) California and their phone number is 818/769-3866.

Gary tells me that it's also very possible that some of his friends -- such as Jonathan Winters, Stan Freberg and Tim Conway -- may be in attendence, too!

If you're in the Los Angeles area, I know you'll want to show up, buy a book or ten and meet one of the very nicest men in or out of Hollywood. Gary's not only an incredible talent and a wonderful guy, he's also a deep-down devoted fan of comics, cartoons and everything Oddball -- just like most of us here!

So let's show Gary Owens some support! Pop an extra proton pill, fire up the Ghost Cruiser and head for North Hollywood! I hope to see some of you at Dutton's this upcoming Wednesday!

Aloha,

Scott!

IP: Logged
KevinO
IE # 36
Member # 56

Icon 10 posted      Profile for KevinO   Email KevinO         Edit/Delete Post 
sounds like fun and a great time Scott. I'm going to try and
be there.

Mr. Fun
IE # 63
Member # 352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Fun           Edit/Delete Post 
From beautiful downtown burbank...

Ah yes, I use to watch Gary on the set of "Laugh In" back in the sixties. Sometimes I sat in the "audience" (there was no audience except for the Rowan and Martin segments) and cheer him on. I was working for "Crazy George" back then.

Gary's a great guy, and wish him the best with his new book.

Scott Shaw!
IE # 132
Member # 172

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Scott Shaw!   Email Scott Shaw!         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, didja know that, in addition to his vocal skills and quick wit, Gary's also a talented amateur cartoonist? So show up at Duttons Books tomorrow night and give your support to a fellow cartoonist! You'll be kicking yourself if you miss this chance to encounter and engage the great Gary Owens, one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet!

Aloha,

Scott!

Scott Shaw!
IE # 132
Member # 172

Just giving this announcement a final bump upwards in the unlikely event that someone out there has managed to overlook it.

Gary Owens, here we come! SPAAAAAACE GHOOOOOOOOOOST!

Aloha,

Scott!

James Mitchell
Member # 3092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Mitchell   Email James Mitchell         Edit/Delete Post 
I made it to Dutton's after 9:15 and Gary was still signing in the rear parking lot, great live music and quite a few people in line. wish I could have been there earlier.
Eric Hedman
IE # 84
Member # 2453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Hedman   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Hedman         Edit/Delete Post 
Lets see....

Jonathan Winters(left before I could worship him)
Ruth Buzzi
Joanne Worley(and her dog harmony)
Steve Landesberg
Howard Morris OMG!!! Uncle Goupy!!!
Johnny Grant
Al Martinez
Ken Levine
Mar McCann
John Rappaport
Bob Bergen (porky pig on Duck Dodgers(super nice guy))
Fred Travolina
and
Ronnie Schell(also a supr nice guy....we're fellow alumni, me, him and his son. [Big Grin] )

It was fantastic.
Mr Owens was gracious(he signed sometimes 3 or 5 books for people and even comic books.)
Duttons really didn't control the crowd...which was the only downside.

Owens and Winters kept people in stitches for 10 minutes....JW doing his rodeo rider impression...Owens doing his best radio straight man with a few zingers here and there.....there was a guy leaning over the fence there who was crying...sobbing....

Amazing. [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.radiodismuke.com
20's-30's music

Come see my Second Life Stuff
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Chilispoon/128/80/39

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012