my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Cars from DreamMachineMovies

Author Topic: Cars from DreamMachineMovies
Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
We received this from Rocky at DreamMachineMovie.com with a request to share it with others, so here ya go.

CARtoon Cars News – Another Animated Automotive Movie!?

Visit: www.dreammachinemovie.com to see an original ‘Animated Automotive Movie Concept’ that we believe could predate Pixar’s Cars by several years.

It’s a great concept that’s been offered to many top agents and movie studios since its creation way back in 1997. Sadly no one felt the idea
justified production.

Pixar’s Cars will undoubtedly be another brilliant top quality and highly entertaining movie. Why not take a peak at the Dream Machine Movie Concept website to see a version of the idea that Hollywood wasn’t willing to pick up and produce.

www.dreammachinemovie.com

If you’d like to add a link from your movie news page to this site feel free.

Rocky

--------------------
 -

IP: Logged
oogieboogie
IE # 265
Member # 2706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oogieboogie           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey,

Sorry. Ewww. Looks like Gepetto's Secret with cars. I can't imagine what Pixar is going to do, but at this point, I don't think I want to see talking cars. Looks like Speed Buggy or something.

oogie

Ravenshoe
IE # 186
Member # 783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ravenshoe           Edit/Delete Post 
Ummm... Cars racing around, does not a movie make. Toy Story was about the relationships between the various toys - it was extremely well crafted from a story and character development point of view. I'm not going to comment on this project but... how should I say it...? The doors are not closed to good projects...
Trondheimfan
IE # 169
Member # 2282

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trondheimfan   Email Trondheimfan         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, oogie, I wouldn't compare the art to Gepetto's secret. [nono]
Sure, the first car, and the lady car on the bottom right could do with a little less human face(Rocky, if you're reading this, why don't you try to redesign her by drawing the sexiest car ever, and I mean, shapewise. Make it a very feminine car, with some nice curves, and then give her the same "headlights-for-eyes", etc. treatment you gave the other cars? I bet she'll fit in way more, and look a lot better. [Wink]

Now, about the synopsis, it's not really a synopsis. I see some character descriptions, and a promise(not a premise) of what'll happen in the movie.(Cars kill each other and fall in love, etc.)
The synopsis should be a very short version of what gonna happen in the story, from start to finish, which will be the basis for the script.
So, what's the movie about? "A moral message or two"? What IS the message?
You have to think about what you're trying to tell the audience. What's the premise? (Crime doesn't pay, etc...)
That'll be the guideline for your story. If you don't show that to whoever you want money from to realise your project, they won't want to risk investing in something that can go in any direction.

So, think very hard about your story, and keep trying. If you've got something good, people will respond.
And most of all, keep creating!
Good luck.

--------------------
Tekenen is schrijven en spreken tegelijk.

javier
Member # 347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for javier   Email javier         Edit/Delete Post 
this is common in hollywood, one person gets an idea and somebody somewhere else gets the same idea.

if there are similarities in the STORY, then the person would have a claim for it. but until then, whoever gets it up on the screen first wins.

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
The DREAM MACHINE "hot rod" designs are a little creepy - there are faces on the front of those cars, and also little eyes and faces on their exposed engines. It's like they're attached to less formed twins, or ridden by parasites.
Barak
Member # 214

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barak           Edit/Delete Post 
There was another CG car project that predated even dream machine : "JUNK" about cars in an automotive junk pile. It was going to be a musical by the folks who wrote "Rent" until one of them died. And Warners was going to make it--it was announced in Variety. Of course, it was Warners--so nothing ever came of it.

Frankly, this guy sounds WAY bitter. If I were an executive and those drawings, I'd run screaming, too.

I wonder if he has an idea about fish?

pxlmnky
IE # 7
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pxlmnky   Email pxlmnky         Edit/Delete Post 
and who can't forget that wonderfully animated automotive cartoon called "Van-pires"...boy wasn't that something......

[Cool]

Rocky
Member # 3073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rocky   Email Rocky         Edit/Delete Post 
Rocky Responds

To oogieboogie:
'Geppeto's Secret' thanks I'm flattered. Never liked Speed Buggy myself. Try to think like Pixar, who are going to make $millions and $millions
from toy car licences and merchandising opportunities and 'Speed buggy meets the big screen' will suddenly become more appealing to you.
Bet McDonalds and Mattel can't wait!

To Ravenpoo (Oops was that 'shoe' No, ravens don't wear shoes, must be poo then!) And Trodheimfan (Trod in a fan? Painful!)
Agreed, 'Cars racing around, does not a movie make'. But If you had bothered to read all the pages of the PDF on the site (you scroll down)
you would have found some brief character descriptions that should give anyone with more than one brain cell, an over inflated opinion and a little creative imagination a fairly good idea of what the story is about, morals and emotions, bad guys and goods guys, love interest, heroes and villains.
The underlying morals of this story are about keeping kids away from drugs, stopping corporate corruption and finding real, honest, heart felt, true love.
There is also a 45 page outline storyline to support this concept detailing environments, scenes, situations and lots and lots of other CARtoon characters. For now its staying secret. 'Trod in a fan' BTW: I drive a 1964 Corvette Stingray Roadster and own 2 Mercs, (Yes Really!) I still happen to think old Hot Rods are sexier, so that's all about personal taste. Wadda you drive a SKODA!

To Javier
Exactly right! Someone who sees it for exactly what it is an idea that didn't cut it!

To FP
They sure are creepy but not as creepy as your imagination 'Less formed twins or ridden parasites' are you on drugs?

To Barak
Well Warner's have been putting out junk for years so what's new there! I'm not bitter, 'I'm English' the site is meant to be sarcastic, its a flippant dig at the movie Industry. I don't need the money either, I run a very successful marketing services company in the UK. I may have some right to be bitter though as I have had a number of emails from some fairly powerful people while trying to sell this project, including some guy called 'Woody' from Pixar and one called Steve from Apple.(Yep, the big Apple himself) I don't have any ideas about fish, but I bet you smell like one? Oh and there's a typo in your message, so you must be fish brained too!

To Pximnky
I must have a missed that one, I'll have to check it out.

And finally
Guy's don't take it all so seriously, life's about having fun, I enjoyed reading your opinions and hope my sarcastic responses bring smiles to your faces.
If you give it out you have to be big enough to take it on the chin too! The Dream Machine Movie Concept website is there to warn the naive.
It's also a cheeky dig at the Hollywood movies system which is sadly wrapped in legal paranoia. Javier hit the nail on the head!

Kind regards

Rocky
[thumbsup]

[duplicate text omitted]

[ August 09, 2004, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Account Administration ]

Trondheimfan
IE # 169
Member # 2282

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Trondheimfan   Email Trondheimfan         Edit/Delete Post 
So, someone who can't even read a single name correctly, is telling me I should read there stuff more carefully? Right.

Anyhoo, I thought I was being very nice. My comments were all constructive, I said I liked your artwork, so why are you, hilariously, changing my name, and trying to diss me?

quote:
'Trod in a fan' BTW: I drive a 1964 Corvette Stingray Roadster and own 2 Mercs, (Yes Really!) I still happen to think old Hot Rods are sexier, so that's all about personal taste. Wadda you drive a SKODA!

...HAhaha, Sorry, still recovering from that "in a fan"-joke.
Anyway, wow. You drive all those cars? By yourself? At the same time? On two wheels?! Sir, I think I'm in love, and I want your baby.

Really dude, you send your project over here, looking for some critism, you get it, and you get upset.
I really was being my nicest, and I still like the art, despite of what you said to me, but I honestly think if there's anyone here who shouldn't take this too seriously, it's you.

I am now officialy distancing myself from this thread.
Good luck with your project, sir.

(Oh, by the way, you like reading so much, read the Rules Of Conduct on this website. I think you'll find it a good read.)

--------------------
Tekenen is schrijven en spreken tegelijk.

Account Administration
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Account Administration   Email Account Administration         Edit/Delete Post 
We advise new members to read the Rules of Conduct located at the upper left of the window on each forum just below the AnimationNation.com logo before they begin posting responses or leaving messages.
Ravenshoe
IE # 186
Member # 783

Raven-Poo?

quote:
The underlying morals of this story are about keeping kids away from drugs, stopping corporate corruption and finding real, honest, heart felt, true love.

Holy-Innovation Batman!

Jeepers Creepers, Rocky - you've got a hit on your hands. Best of luck with it.

(aside): I dunno guys - I'm thinking this tripe will go 'straight to video' at best. Sheesh...

Ravenshoe
IE # 186
Member # 783

Rocky - Sorry you didn't like my original comments. I actually did read the material and my thoughts on story and character were based on that reading. I'll be blunt: Ugly designs and weak writing do not a hit movie make.
Mr. Fun
IE # 63
Member # 352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Fun           Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of relationships between characters, including a well crafted story -- that's exactly what John Lasseter's "Cars" is all about. Not cars racing around.

From what I've seen of "Cars" thus far, Pixar has no worries about competition. Vroooom! Vrooom!

Barak
Member # 214

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barak           Edit/Delete Post 
The site is certainly flippant. And not funny.

And ugly.

"I run a very successful marketing services company in the UK"

Which explains part of it.

Ravenshoe
IE # 186
Member # 783

Ummm... Rocky...

Did you clear the rights from the auto manufacturers to use their cars on your movie/pitch?

I know from personal experience that GM's Cadillac division is quite touchy about the way their cars are portrayed. They usually want a lot of information about the usage.

But you probably already knew that.

Ratface
Member # 3029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ratface   Email Ratface         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to mention that "CARtoons" is already the name of a magazine that has been around for years. I used to read it all the time as a kid.

You might want to be careful about that. They might get a little touchy about their name being used without permission.

Rocky
Member # 3073

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rocky   Email Rocky         Edit/Delete Post 
Guys, guys, guys, my sarcastic responses to your comments seam to have pinched a few nerves. Like I said in my last mail 'If you can't take it don't give it out'. My
website is there for the fun of it, as a warning to the naive. I don't even care if the idea ever comes to fruition. It's just there to let people know not to share their ideas with to many others... and to get it of my chest.

I'm not worried about criticism either, I've been a creative in a
commercial world for far to long to be hurt by others opinions - It's like water of a
ducks back. I know the work on the website is far from perfect, It's a
concept idea not a finished piece. Comparing it to finished animated films
produced by massive US corporations is a little stupid as are the inferred
copyright and license breaches (Yes I have those covered too)- Whatever.

Sadly you guys obviously just don't get it. Anyway enjoyed your opinions,
comments, and advice, winding you all up was a little was fun too. Don't
take it all so seriously. It's a 'CONCEPT' Site, For 'FUN' I wont be
responding to this forum again, enjoy your debates, 'mass' or otherwise!

Oh and finally if any of you ever visit the UK, Get a sense of humour before
you visit.

Bye Bye

Rocky
[thumbsup]

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012