AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » The new REN AND STIMPY (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: The new REN AND STIMPY
-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
Just thought I'd start the thread so I can sit back and read the interesting opinions.

The little helicopter at the bottom of the screen was pretty cool.

IP: Logged
Matt Wilson
IE # 139
Member # 1520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Wilson   Author's Homepage   Email Matt Wilson         Edit/Delete Post 
"PREPARE TO BE EVIL DON'TERS!!!" pretty much sums up the quality of Stripperella.

Ren and Stimpy... blows. But I want to see what Ren Seeks Help is like.

Dolemite50
IE # 113
Member # 830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dolemite50   Email Dolemite50         Edit/Delete Post 
The two clips that were posted here earlier I was pretty appaled by. All out gay humor. Since then I've seen some clips that looked alot more promising and reminded me why I liked them to begin with. They still have the talent to make me laugh with animation alone.
wade
Member # 660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wade           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah apparently the Uncensored versions of Ren and Stimpy are Really, Really gay.

It had some funny moments but some really disgusting stuff in there too. It was alright.

I thought Gary the rat was the best of the bunch, even though it's the show with the most basic animation. Grammer has a great voice for animation as we all know.

zombie
Member # 2226

Icon 13 posted      Profile for zombie           Edit/Delete Post 
bad. really really bad stuff. Worst of all--it's boring. The staging and drawing looks rushed an very unaccomplished. After all the hype, one would have expected more. The "new" TNN shouldn't worry about that stupid spike lee law suit--they should worry about their content.
Smeeb!
Member # 67

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Smeeb!           Edit/Delete Post 
The show is just awful
Goldskeleton
IE # 15
Member # 1768

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Goldskeleton   Author's Homepage   Email Goldskeleton         Edit/Delete Post 
I was never all that bowled over by the original ,to tell the truth.

Like Monty Python, I always found the concept of the original R&S to be better than the execution.

It's funnier to quote Mr. Horse's lines from "Rubber Nipple Salesmen" than to watch it again. We all can recite the best lines from our favorite episodes and see them in our heads. But I never laughed at the original as hard as the re-telling.

Maybe that's just me. But I hold out hope that we will be reciting these episodes to each other once they have had a chance to fester in our minds a bit.

Most quotable original episodes IMHO:

"Stimpy's Inventions"
"Space Madness"
"Rubber Nipple Salesmen"
"Fire Dogs"
"Powdered Toast Man"
"Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksmen"

...but I am rarely in the mood to sit down and watch any of these nowdays.

--------------------
The Skeleton has spoken

Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fooksie   Author's Homepage   Email Fooksie         Edit/Delete Post 
I have some old R % S on tape, and put them in to watch a few weeks ago.
There's no denying that they are funny. But the new Ren and Stimpy is just sad.
Where is the sexual tension if they " DO " it all the time?
Anyhoo, I laughed once...ONCE..at the scene where Stimpy kisses the rat's ass.
That was all.
Sad..just sad.. [snore]

--------------------
" Every move a picture! "
Buddy Love

-FP-
IE # 13
Member # 914

Icon 2 posted      Profile for -FP-   Author's Homepage   Email -FP-         Edit/Delete Post 
The first new R&S to air has weaknesses so large, they don't need to be described - you saw them if you saw the show. TNN's management decisions have been crazy lately, so maybe the weakest R&S of the new batch was used for the premiere. I hope for the best regarding the remaining episodes and the extra-length special, which I will watch no matter what...

I wonder how this show would impress someone who's heard of but never seen these characters, tuning in the 6/26 TNN show for a first exposure to Ren and Stimpy?

The new Stimpy voice is pretty good, close enough to the Billy West original. Ren has some Bud Abbot action going on these days. He sounds gravelly, like Ren's dad or something. Ren has lots more sideways "mandible" shots now. Looks weird.

The show felt sort of like a Games episode from the mid-90's.

Lumpy
Member # 2353

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Lumpy   Email Lumpy         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww, see how CRANKY you get when you stay up past your bedtime?

Tell you what...

Until YOU scrape together the cojones to work on something where YOU get to excercise YOUR creative vision (if such a thing there be) without regard for what the BUSINESSMEN think...

Just stick to reviewing and cranking out bland, PTA-approved, comercially driven CRAP like "Baby Looney Tunes"...

And leave John and the Boys the Hell alone! [rasberry]

"YOU'RE the pitcher, I'M the catcher! YOU'RE the pitcher, I'M the catcher!"

I -LOVE- it! [funny]

--------------------
"Save American Animation...
NUKE KOREA!"

"School is where you go to learn
how to do something and are
taught (forcefully) that you can't
do anything!"

"Those who dance are considered
mad by those who refuse to hear
the music!"

monkeydad
Member # 1566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeydad   Email monkeydad         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lumpy:
Until YOU scrape together the cojones to work on something where YOU get to excercise YOUR creative vision (if such a thing there be) without regard for what the BUSINESSMEN think...

And leave John and the Boys the Hell alone! [rasberry]

So this is what it's come to - now the only ones with a right to an opinion are those who've produced a show fitting Lumpy's criteria. Sad.

Has it occured to you that "John and the Boys" might be fallable?

MICROPHONE JONEZ
Member # 1918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MICROPHONE JONEZ           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"YOU'RE the pitcher, I'M the catcher! YOU'RE the pitcher, I'M the catcher!"

Ooh. Sooo edgy. [Roll Eyes]

Sorry pal, it just wasn't funny. And I really wanted to like like it, too. I know I don't have the right to express my opinion 'cuz I'm not working under an animation saviour like John K., but I'll take my chances.

Here's hoping the next episodes are better.

MICROPHONE JONEZ
Member # 1918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MICROPHONE JONEZ           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Actually, going back to the 'Ren and Stimpy well' after a string of commercial flops reeks of desperation, not 'creative vision.' I can see John K. pitching the idea to TNN, saying, "Oooh! but this version has more gay jokes!!" as though he's lived in a cultural bubble for the last ten years.

I actually DO respect John K., but Lumpy's arguments are stupid.

spin
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spin   Email spin         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lumpy:

Unfortunately, John K's creative vision is over-rated and awkward.
IanJ
Member # 1907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IanJ   Email IanJ         Edit/Delete Post 
it was awkward, not funny, and just kind of annoying. But since I've been told the the shows in coming weeks are better, I'm gonna keep watching.

Still though, all the gay jokes and stuff made me hope that this episode was just them cutting loose and maybe they'd get back to the more character-oriented stories they had in the originals.

acme
IE # 51
Member # 1591

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acme   Author's Homepage   Email acme         Edit/Delete Post 
I was also a bit disappointed. Like many have said I really wanted to like it. I just found myself thinking John K. was relying on gross humor to carry it. Don't get me wrong I enjoy gross humor, but in my opinion it seemed over done. When I saw the space madness episode later in the night it reassured me something was just missing from the new one. I will give it another shot next week as every show can have that one episode that's less than stellar.
On a side note I had no hope for Gary or Stripella so I guess it had no where to go but up. I thought Gary was Ok..not great but potential to get better if it lasts. After reading all the discussions on this board about Stripella , I will ashamedly admit I found myself laughing a bit. Over all though I think the block was pretty disappointing. With any luck maybe next week will be better?

--------------------
Zane Kohler

-

Dan P.
IE # 248
Member # 893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P.   Email Dan P.         Edit/Delete Post 
Lumpy, your arguement doesn't stand up. A message board such as this is MEANT for people to express their opinions. Don't start preaching to us that because we aren't so-called geniuses such as John K., we can't even say a word. Bullcrap.

The show really, really sucked. Plain and simple. Horrible humor, horrible storyboarding and horrible animation. If this is the owrst of the bunch then thank god, because I don't think I could take wating another 30 minutes on this baloney.

Dan P.
IE # 248
Member # 893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P.   Email Dan P.         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I could take WASTING another 30 minutes.....

Oops.

Inkan
IE # 77
Member # 1089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Inkan   Author's Homepage   Email Inkan         Edit/Delete Post 
SPOILERS

I enjoyed the first act. Ren and Stimpy can be anything Spumco wants. They can be tiny enough to live in the mouth of a filthy bum, and they can be gay, too. :-) The detailed art for the bum and the facial expressions were great to look at. It's so cool how R&S's character designs can be so malleable.

But when they moved to the spitoon, the cartoon was over. All they had left was this excruciatingly boring dinner scene. That was grossout gags just for grossout's sake. No reason at all to watch the scene. True the animation is very good, but it seemed like a whole lot of dedicated effort going to a big fat nothing ( loved the whipped potatoes gag, though. ).

And what's with the ending. It looked like it was shoehorned in at the last minute. Having them wind up in their old home was the most cliche'ed ending I could imagine.
Oh, well, this wall still LOADS better than "Gary the Rat" and "Stripperella", both of which were TERRIBLE.

ReyMuttley
Member # 608

Icon 13 posted      Profile for ReyMuttley   Email ReyMuttley         Edit/Delete Post 
Crapy,crapy,joy,joy... [puke]

I've always been a R&S fan. I liked better the originals from Nick. But this time, the humor wasn't really there. Just a bunch of saturated disgusting jokes and way to much information on their "gay" relationship.

Is not that I am homophobic, but I wasn't confortable with all those unfuny gay jokes. What's the deal with it? Why suddenly are they openly gay? Why not keep them the way the originals were on Kick? Sujectives,but not overdone.

If that is John K.'s sexual preference, fine by me. But don't try to shove it down our throats.

Ups, that doesn't sounded good.

I prefered them better when Bob Camp took over on Nick.

Anyhow...The New R&S are crapy,crapy...joy,joy.

bigshot
Member # 1024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigshot   Email bigshot         Edit/Delete Post 
If this episode made you feel uncomfortable and you think it went a little too far with delicate subjects, the next one will make you wet yourself and dissolve into a mass of quivering jello! Onward & Upward doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of how far the new R&S is going to go. If you have delicate sensibilities, avert your eyes to another channel... perhaps the Oprah network or catch Martha Stewart on CourtTV!

See ya
Steve

ReyMuttley
Member # 608

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ReyMuttley   Email ReyMuttley         Edit/Delete Post 
As MangoFett said on the Ain'i It Cool News forum:
"The New Ren and Stimpy ruins everything about the old shows - the gay thing does nothing but ruin a once 'innocent' premise which was funny. Now it's just forced. Anyone can make gay jokes - Ren and Stimpy was funny because it was original - not anymore."

Is not about having "guts" to watch unsensible stuff, is about watching stuff with real talent.
And for me, they wasted their talent with an unfunny show.

Chris Roman
IE # 223
Member # 551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris Roman   Email Chris Roman         Edit/Delete Post 
Heya Bigshot Steve! i have the new episodes on tape, but I haven't had a chance to watch them. I've only seen the clips that'd been posted, and I don't want to judge by those alone...

But I think the general complaint here isn't that the new R&S confronts uncomfortable subjects. i don't think anyone was upset or got their panties in a wad because 'how dare they make Ren & Stimpy gay!'. I mean, it was always kinda inferred.

But that's actually the point being offered up. I think it's that the new R&S deals with the uncomfortable subjects TOO overtly, too obviously...it was funnier when it was only inferred.

It's a shaky example, but take Mr. Smithers from the Simpsons; arguably, it's funnier when his homosexuality is inferred rather than showing him playing 'pitcher and catcher' with Mr. Burns.

South Park takes a lot of things to the extreme, and often it seems crass and not clever as well. But since they started out over the top, maybe we as an audience can accept it more.

I did get home last night in time to watch a re-airing of "Space Madness". Ren freaking out is a classic cartoon moment. The announcer slamming Stimpy's head into the 'history eraser button' using his buttocks...a joy to watch.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is...sometimes limitations can offer greater solutions. Because John K. had to adhere to a semblance of 'children's television', it made the cartoons even funnier. With practically no holds barred, perhaps the shorts lose their edge.

I'm very interested to hear, if you're willing to talk about it, if TNN had any 'exec' notes or conditions for the shorts, or if it was really no holds barred.

bigshot
Member # 1024

It's not the same show as the old one, and it isn't intended for the same audience. This is just the first episode. Time will tell all...

Ain't it cool news usually has its head up its posterior. (What kind of a name is Man Go Felt anyway?) Charles Solomon does a much better job of being clueless.

See ya
Steve

Codrick
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Codrick           Edit/Delete Post 
Uncomfortable I can appreciate. BORING, and UNFUNNY I cannot. I taped over the first episode of the new ren and stimpy already. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Graphiteman
IE # 218
Member # 2092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graphiteman   Author's Homepage   Email Graphiteman         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Goldskeleton:
I .......................It's funnier to quote Mr. Horse's lines from "Rubber Nipple Salesmen" than to watch it again. .................

Not a R & S Fan.
Have not seen the new stuff.
But the rubber nipple salesmen cartoon is one of only a handful of comedy that has made me laugh so hard I cried.

My Fault
IE # 78
Member # 1427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for My Fault   Author's Homepage   Email My Fault         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by bigshot:
It's not the same show as the old one, and it isn't intended for the same audience. This is just the first episode. Time will tell all...

Then who is the intended audience Steve? Did people at Spumco laugh at the first episode? I couldn't believe something this boring came from you guys. I am certainly rooting for you guys and geniunely hope it gets better from here, but I am totally baffled as to what you guys were thinking with this first episode.

--------------------
My Fault
Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion!

New Wil Order
Member # 1430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for New Wil Order   Email New Wil Order         Edit/Delete Post 
[nono]
Dunne
Member # 349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dunne   Email Dunne         Edit/Delete Post 
The "new" TNN (formerly "Spike TV") seems to be reeling from the overwhelmingly underwhelming response to their Thursday night cartoon block. I wished they had respect for animation and were interested in putting something NEW and INTERESTING on, instead of rehashing old worn out ideas.

As an avid animation historian with one of the largest private collections of animation art in North America, I'd have to say the whole evening was a wash. Thank goodness for Cartoon Network.

bigshot
Member # 1024

quote:
Originally posted by Dunne:
The "new" TNN (formerly "Spike TV") seems to be reeling from the overwhelmingly underwhelming response to their Thursday night cartoon block

Wrong.

See ya
Steve

Slacker
Member # 2365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slacker   Email Slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't even know where to being with this. I'm a big fan of John K and Spumco. I really liked the original R&S, or I should say with John's involvement. I certainly have no agenda either way and I watched it a few times. As much as the guys that are invloved with it don't want to hear it or see it , it just wasn't funny. I'll definitely be watching the rest hoping they are better but the first one was boring and dumb. It hurts me to say that.

I understand the creative freedom now and wanting to push it but I think the people at Spumco are more creative than that. I have no problem with being over the top but it could have been done better than that. The gay thing wasn't awkward to me nor am I sensitive, it was just dumb. South Park gets pretty crude but I don't know it just seems work, there's usually a point and it usually makes me laugh. For me this level or "creative freedom" just didn't work. I'm sure John has always wanted to do these stories but it almost seems like the Spumco staff sat around and said hey, lets try and outdo South park. Hate to say it but makes me think those execs saw something in the original R&S stories and maybe it was a good thing. This to me would have been great for a " Spike and Mike Sick and Twisted " show. At least when I go to those it's solely for the gross out/sick factor, certainly not stories.

I'm trying to figure out who the audience is too. It seems it's not for the original fans. It certainly is not for kids. So is it the college and high school crowd. I think I'm going to ask around and see if that audience even knows the show is on. I haven't seen it advertised much and can't say if I weren't involved with animation that I would even know it was on. If they are the target audience I'm wondering why? Seems like a bad time to hit them. I can't think of any high school or college kid that sits at home when they are out of school in the summer. Hell, the ones that are I'm quite sure this isn't what they are watching.

I just can't figure it out. Ren and Stimpy has always been silly but it was funny. As much as I wanted to laugh at this new one, I just didn't. It seems like in the quest for going all out it just lost something. I really hope the rest filled John's void but also include that something that made it good in the first place.

All I know is I didn't laugh once during the new one, when they played "Space Madness" I couldn't not laugh. When Ren goes mad has to be one of the greatest cartoon scenes ever. The part with the toothbrush definitely is.

sorry to those who worked on it. I'll be watching the rest openly. hoping they are better.

bigshot
Member # 1024

quote:
Originally posted by Slacker:
I watched it a few times. it just wasn't funny.

Do you usually watch something you don't enjoy several times?

See ya
Steve

SoleilSmile
IE # 120
Member # 1483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoleilSmile   Author's Homepage   Email SoleilSmile         Edit/Delete Post 
At least John's great BG's are back. I don't know if i can pass up Samurai Jack or Daria once a week to watch for better episodes though. But I'll try.

Here's hoping! [abducted]

--------------------
HipChick Comics and Animatress Blog

www.hipchickcomics.com
http://www.animatress.blogspot.com/

bigshot
Member # 1024

quote:
Originally posted by My Fault:
[QUOTE]I am totally baffled as to what you guys were thinking with this first episode.

Now you know how I feel when I go to the theater to see modern theatrical animation!

The Hunchback got an underage girl as a consolation prize at the end of his picture... The Beast magically transformed into Barry Manilow... and Treasure Planet was the sordid tale of a young lad being seduced away from his mother by a brawny middle aged man! Not to mention the Dreamworks pictures... They merrily stretch the definition of "buddy picture" on a regular basis. (Prince of Egypt sure had some inspiring "under the toga" up shots in that chariot race sequence!)

Well, Ren & Stimpy are gay. No one can push them back into the closet now. Let's all celebrate the diversity of their personal lifestyle choices!

Hooray!

See ya
Steve

Slacker
Member # 2365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slacker   Email Slacker         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Steve, like I said I'm not trying to offend those involved. If it were me and I were making a show I sure would like feedback. I'm sure it's too late now but in the time making it I'm sure those that didn't think it was funny didn't have the guts to say it. On the other side I'm sure ones working on it convinced themselves it is funny. Of course I'm only talking about this show. I hope I enjoy the rest more.

If your response is to make me look dumb, that's fine. I'll tell because it's not hard to figure out why I said I watched it a few times. The main reason is " I wanted to like it". You know in the same way you can hear a song and hate it but then it grows on you. Same thing. Another reason, was just trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, maybe I just wasn't in the mood. There's a few reasons I watched it a few times including I still enjoy the animation and aesthetics of the show. It really doesn't matter how many times or why, the
fact is it never got funny IMHO. This first show sort of reminds me of Star Wars. Growing up with the originals and loving them. Excited about the new ones being made. Going to see it and sucking. To me the new Star Wars movies lost something too. I think in the same way Spumco got creative freedom Lucas got his computers and effects. In the attempt to satisfy everything that was missing from the first time around forgetting to keep what made it good. Yes, I did watch the new Star Wars a few times too.

I would like to ask you. You don't want to hear it wasn't funny but would you tell me why it was. What is so funny or even clever about half a show in a spittoon eating snot and puke?

One of the funniest shows I've seen is a Seinfeld episode. It is one where Kramer finds Merv Griffin's talk show set and sets it up in his apartment. Everytime someone comes to his apartment he talks with them like they're on a talk show. Of course Seinfeld is filmed so it looks like it is really a talk show but the underlying is it really isn't being filmed in his apartment. That's what makes it funny and out there, the fact that he is nuts and would act like that with no real audience. I couldn't even imagine if I walked into a friends house and he did that. I would die laughing(and have him locked up). To me the " Space Madness" scene fits in with that, complete nonsense but "funny!!'. Now having a gourmet meal of snot,spit and puke may be "out there" but it's just lame and ,yes, boring. Of course this is just my opinion. I'm sure the simple answer to why you think it is funny is just because you enjoy bathroom humor regardless of content or your involvement.

I'll say it again though, I will definitely watch the others. If they are funny I'll be the first to say it.

take care

bigshot
Member # 1024

Hi,

Not trying to make you feel dumb... It's just that people around here always seem to exert extra energy on Spumco stuff they don't like. (Did anyone watch either of the other shows several times?)

I do understand the confusion though. This is a quite different show than the original R&S. I'm afraid you aren't going to get "more of the same". Some episodes might work better than others, but you can bet that in every episode you're going to see chances being taken and new ways of presenting emotions through drawings.

John's great talent is evoking emotions that audiences aren't entirely comfortable with or used to experiencing when they watch cartoons. He has been able to ramp that skill up to a startling degree in the past decade or so. Back when the original R&S first aired, the initial reaction was very similar... most folks expected the expected and were horrified by the "lack of restraint". (How could any *decent* person find humor in those hideous closeups of Ren's teeth, crude bodily functions, or George's mind-fug of R&S in Man's Best Friend?!!)

But people who were craving something different siezed upon it, because when they watched it, it made them realize that they weren't the only ones sick to death with the status quo. While everyone loudly announced that they would *never* watch a show like that, the ratings were going through the roof. The new show will find its audience... perhaps not quite as big of one, but just as loyal.

There are some shows coming up that are going to screw with your head, make you feel dirty, shock the hell out of you and make you wonder how exactly you really feel about it... It's not all "funny ha-ha". Eventually, you'll figure out what is going on, just like you figured out the original R&S show.

But you aren't going to figure it out by comparing it to anything else out there. There isn't anything remotely like this. Of course, if you are the type of person who is bothered by the fact that a cat and a dog are living inside someone's mouth when a real cat and a real dog could never fit in there... the whole thing will fly right over your head.

Ralph once described John to me as "dangerous... in the best sense of the word". The new Ren & Stimpy is a lot more than just a "funny cartoon". It's John unleashed. Whether you end up liking it or not depends on you. It's the same John K that it has always been, just straight up this time with no chaser. It'll be interesting to see what the inevitable imitations end up looking like. (Good luck to the JK wannabes on *this* go-round!)

See ya
Steve

bigshot
Member # 1024

quote:
Originally posted by Dunne:
As an avid animation historian with one of the largest private collections of animation art in North America, I'd have to say the whole evening was a wash.

That would have to be either Mike G, Peter M or Jeff L... If it's any one of ya, I say hi and keep watching!

See ya
Steve

Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fooksie   Author's Homepage   Email Fooksie         Edit/Delete Post 
Slacker,
That " Seinfeld " episode was great. When Neuman starts to repeat himself to Kramer, Kramer turns the music on, leans over to him, and says " We're
going on hiatus until we can figure out how to fix this thing."

--------------------
" Every move a picture! "
Buddy Love

Methuselah
IE # 148
Member # 401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Methuselah   Email Methuselah         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by bigshot:
quote:
I watched it a few times. it just wasn't funny.

Do you usually watch something you don't enjoy several times?

Perhaps he does when he is, as he plainly states, a guy who is a big fan of Spumco's best work?
[unimpressed]

Lumpy
Member # 2353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lumpy   Email Lumpy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I'm trying to figure out who the audience is too.

YOO-HOO! Right here, bub!

Steve, don't pay these stuck-up frat boys no mind. Maybe if they were less concerned with impressing each other and their corporate masters, and more concerned with actually entertaining their audience (which -I- am, whether they like to admit it or not) like you and Handsome Johnny Flintstone are, then maybe there would actually be more cartoons worth watching nowadays instead of crap like "Teamo Supremo"! [puke]

You and John just keep up the good work and remember that your TRUE audience is out there and loving every minute of it! [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Save American Animation...
NUKE KOREA!"

"School is where you go to learn
how to do something and are
taught (forcefully) that you can't
do anything!"

"Those who dance are considered
mad by those who refuse to hear
the music!"

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012