AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Destroyed?

Author Topic: Destroyed?
SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to poke my head up and show a lil snakey love.

I wanted to apologise for not showing my support on this board by participating in the conversation about the great tragedy.
Forgive me, I haven't found the strength. Theres so many details, emotions, levels of understanding, thats surface just can't seem to be scraped....and its hard for me to watch my mouth at times,hehe.

I am very proud of this board for having the courage to talk about this subject in a intellectual and articulate ways....We are setting great examples.

I was fortunate enough not to have lost any of my east coast bruthas and sistas, but that does not mean my heart does not mourn every time I see a great lose such as last tuesdays.

In my personal journey, to comprehend the continuous reprocussions of killing and the general world wide misunderstanding of each others personal metaphores, the actions one takes out of fear and ignorance as well as the misbalance of power manipulated by the belief systems we give our undying faith to...it seems to get very overwhelming. Too many questions, too many sides and everyone is right to a certain degree(please don't take that as condonning terrorist actions)....all depending on how far back one is willing to go in history to prove their point.....History is long and has a lil something for every maniac to back their motives.

So I have to remind myself to keep it simple, and continue what Im doing, creating.

I know others on this board have said such things but I must continue with my mantra, KEEP CREATING!!!

It seems to be the universal solution.

The only way we as a community of artists can assist in these trying times is to keep creating. If this happend in downtown LA, I would be digging, but its on the other side of the country so I must create..

Out of respect for those who no longer have a choice, create. In a time when most want destruction, create. When hatred is rampid,create. When minds are unfocused,create. Be able to tell your children and childrens children that when the great tragedy of 2001 happened, you where creating.

PEACE, even through the pieces!!!

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

IP: Logged
ClosetAni1
IE # 115
Member # 46

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ClosetAni1   Author's Homepage   Email ClosetAni1         Edit/Delete Post 
Snake, that was touching.

--------------------
www.scooterandferret.com

Slappy
Member # 175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slappy   Email Slappy         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been pretty quiet on this subject myself Snakester, for much the same reasons.

Thanks for putting some of my own feelings into words.

As for continuing to create, I will. I can do nothing else.

hamsterbite
IE # 3
Member # 277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hamsterbite   Email hamsterbite         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep... thanks.

It's been easier for me to post on light, escapist topics. My subconscious is hard at work, doing a sort of spring cleaning on which old assumptions I can sort of revise, and which ones to just chunk.

Thanks for the words.

-John

Twedzel
IE # 102
Member # 122

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Twedzel   Email Twedzel         Edit/Delete Post 
You gots your head screwed on right.
Jon
IE # 110
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon   Author's Homepage   Email Jon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Twedzel, if you think Sankey's got his head screwed on right, you haven't met the man.

JUST KIDDING SNAKE!

LightwaveDave
Member # 225

Icon 10 posted      Profile for LightwaveDave   Email LightwaveDave         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon, Maybe Twezdel meant to end that with a question mark.

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
My head may not be on that tight, but some here have it so tight the nut is stripped...if you catch my drift.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Tight, loose, right, left, stripped, dipped, what's it matter. As long as you don't lose it.

--------------------
 -

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012