AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » Seattle says "Give peace a chance"

Author Topic: Seattle says "Give peace a chance"
ClosetAni1
IE # 115
Member # 46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ClosetAni1   Author's Homepage   Email ClosetAni1         Edit/Delete Post 
Marcus Moore has told me that the United States is a place where it is difficult to protest against the government. Having lived in the Pacific Northwest, protest capital of the nation, I find that hard to believe. Yesterday I heard that 120 people gathered in downtown Seattle. They held hands and sang "Give Peace a Chance".

I think protesting the US response to the WTC bombing is a little premature, seeing how they haven't even made a response yet!

--------------------
www.scooterandferret.com

IP: Logged
JATG
IE # 29
Member # 65

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JATG   Author's Homepage   Email JATG         Edit/Delete Post 
Seattle sez WHAT?!

I don't think "Seattle says Give Peace a Chance," I think 150 people said that who just happened to live in Seattle.

I don't think they're premature...I think they're moronic!

Maybe if we talk enough and try to understand them enough and be nice enough and give them more money and disarm our military enough and all smile happily and flit around with our posters and flowers...more buildings will be pulled down around our collective ears.

malcolmlee
Member # 407

Icon 13 posted      Profile for malcolmlee   Email malcolmlee         Edit/Delete Post 
You can not rationalize with the irrational.
It's high time we put to rest this tired Vietnam hating anti-American post-60's hippie love act!!!Peace and love burned down with the World Trade Center.If that's your kind of peace then I am definitly at war.
It is now the year 2001!!!The 60's suckkked!!
America will not tolerate these cowardly pacifist hiding behind our hard fought freedoms.This is treason,and should be treated as such.
The folks in Seattle need to either stop smokin weed,or they need to smoke a lot more of it.Bottom line:WE ARE AT WAR.The enemy is among us.

ClosetAni1
IE # 115
Member # 46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ClosetAni1   Author's Homepage   Email ClosetAni1         Edit/Delete Post 
You're right, JATG. It was only 120, not the whole Seattle populace. I've lived up there and I like to tease them, because I know how Pacific Northwesterners can be.

--------------------
www.scooterandferret.com

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012