AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » A relevant musing about the attack

Author Topic: A relevant musing about the attack
Otterslide
IE # 38
Member # 346

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Otterslide   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Relevant only due to this being an "industry" related boad.

What's going to happen to any movies coming out that have NYC skyline shots in them? I assume that either new footage will have to be shot or that some digital erasing will be done.

Specifically, I wonder about Spiderman. Obviously NYC is prominent in the movie. The WTC is featured prominently in both the teaser trailer and the website slide show, although I don't know how prominently in the movie.

Not at all important questions right now,I was just thinking is all.

--------------------
Bryon E. Carson, Proprietor
 -

IP: Logged
ClosetAni1
IE # 115
Member # 46

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ClosetAni1   Author's Homepage   Email ClosetAni1         Edit/Delete Post 
#%#@^! You're right. I have a NYC skyline in a project now. Now what do I do?

--------------------
www.scooterandferret.com

bronnie
IE # 93
Member # 25

Icon 13 posted      Profile for bronnie   Email bronnie         Edit/Delete Post 
Another sickening probability-- betcha there's a screenplay already in the works! Movie of the Week for February Sweeps? Sooner on HBO? Opportunism often rears its ugly head in times like these. I just know SOMEONE'S gonna try it.
Thank God(at least,as far as I know) any notion of cinematically recreating the Oklahoma bombing was blocked-let's hope it's the same with this.

Otterslide
IE # 38
Member # 346

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Otterslide   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
One person's tragedy is another person's Titanic (the movie, the musical, etc, etc).

Sad really, but "this too shall pass".

--------------------
Bryon E. Carson, Proprietor
 -

gergley
IE # 200
Member # 74

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gergley   Email gergley         Edit/Delete Post 
http://us.news2.yimg.com/f/42/31/7m/dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010912/re/attack_movies_dc_3.html
pomgod
Member # 221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pomgod   Email pomgod         Edit/Delete Post 
Without a doubt, the horrific video footage from Tuesday struck me as more surreal than anything our creative imagination could conceive. It is, however, interesting to note how many of our current books and movies revolve around the ideas and actions of terrorism. That says something about our greatest modern fears. Tuesday, our fears came true on a scale that no screenwriter could ever attempt.
//////////////////////////////////////

Somewhat relevent to this topic (possibly others from this week) is a reccomendation to read a book called "Underworld" by Dom DeLillo if you are looking for diversion or alternative entertainment choices. It is a great work of American fiction described by one critic as "...,locating the true power of history not in tyranny,collective political movements or history books, but inside each of us."
This book moved me on many levels. I just wanted to share, I guess. By the way, the book cover features........the WTC.

BobV
IE # 119
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobV           Edit/Delete Post 
Another dilemma, relevant only to animation and both created by and dwarfed by the horrific tragedy on tuesday...

Disney's film Lilo and Stitch has a sequence in which aliens take over a jumbo jet and fly it in a "chase" through the cityscape of Honolulu, bouncing off buildings and such. In the context of the film only, it is a very funny sequence, but in light of what has happened-- horribly inappropriate. I can't see them releasing this film in its current form.

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012