AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » AMERICA UNDER ATTACK (Page 3)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: AMERICA UNDER ATTACK
Twedzel
IE # 102
Member # 122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twedzel   Email Twedzel         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently the BBC did quit a good job on the coverage, you could find it on the learning Channel, I didn't see it first hand but a co-worker of mine related it to me.
IP: Logged
Nodah
Member # 611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nodah   Email Nodah         Edit/Delete Post 
These terrorists aren't about righting wrongs, or upholding the rights of the oppressed...they're all about instituting a Taliban- like regime over all the world. This is a link to excerpts from their manual, entered into evidence in the recent embassy bombing trial in New York. Read their own words... http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/binmurder1.shtml
Dave is
no longer a
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave is           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Patman. This isn't going to do a thing to the economy. The markets could open today. They are just being cautious. Remember that since the previous bombing of the WTC it gave them time to make record duplicates and archives. My guess is that it will do nothing. Gas prices have dropped back to normal here and the government has made clear it will prosecute fully anyone who even attempts to profiteer.
gus
Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gus   Email gus         Edit/Delete Post 
your right Dave.. there will be a very short sell off and that would be the time for those that wish to buy... sad.
ClosetAni1
IE # 115
Member # 46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ClosetAni1   Author's Homepage   Email ClosetAni1         Edit/Delete Post 
Gas here hasn't been affected at all. The first night there was a run on gas, and everyone was expecting a shortage, but it never happened.

--------------------
www.scooterandferret.com

Scott Ruggels
IE # 56
Member # 60

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Ruggels   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Ruggels         Edit/Delete Post 

Nodah
Member # 611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nodah   Email Nodah         Edit/Delete Post 
worth a thousand words. Thanks, Scott.
Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fooksie   Author's Homepage   Email Fooksie         Edit/Delete Post 
Very true.

--------------------
" Every move a picture! "
Buddy Love

talos72
IE # 66
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for talos72   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
"But without our ability to look beyond the box, beyond the simple black-and-white facts that the media delivers, there is no hope for understanding what could drive our flesh-and-blood counterparts to such extremes. In the face of such immense tragedy, perspective from all angles is vital."

thanks Amid for saying what you did. i am an American. this is my home and this is where my family lives. i love its beauty and freedom. i love the accomplishments of this great nation. with that said, i have to agree with amid for though we Americans like quick easy answers in black and white, the world is not such. the world can't be easily broken up into bad guys versus good guys. what happened in NY was absolutely dispecable act of violence. but there is a whole world out there which we as a public are frankly unaware of. there are those who experience such atrocities everyday of their lives and its a horrendous thing. when i look at all the media stuff on the bombing of WTC, i rightfully hear words of anger, vengeance and our need to hunt down the perpetrators and eliminite them (as we rightfully should). but sadly i also hear attacks upon Arab americans and moslem americans and their places of worship-- it is truly sadening. so while we want to just go out there and kill and burn to avenge this crime, we never really ask why do so all these nations and people have so much hatred for America. what are the circumstances to encourage acts of terrorism. i think if we are to genuinly erradicate and understand the factors that leads to these events, we have to be willing to be see the world frankly and honestly-- even if it means facing truths we dont like about everyone and their actions, including ourselves. the world is a lot smaller than we think. i know that we as a nation will grow stronger from this tragedy, and i dont mean militarily but as a consciousness.

--------------------
Portfolio Online

My Art Blog

My Photo Blog

Jumper go
Member # 794

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Jumper go           Edit/Delete Post 
As an foreign visitor of these boards i'll say this: It's disgusting what happened and i hope you'll get terrorists responsible for this attack. There's no excuse for what happened!

But at the same time i would like to add, that just as unappropriate are some of the Americans attacks on foreign countries (in past and present). A lot of innocent people died there, probably much more than in America.
And if your country does play a worlds policeman, you shouldn't be too surprised if something like that happened. Maybe you can now understand how angry people in those countries felt...

Again: there's NO excuse for what happened! Find terrorists and judge them! Just DON'T spill any more innocent blood or you won't be any better than them!

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012