AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » AMERICA UNDER ATTACK (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: AMERICA UNDER ATTACK
Animation Pimp
Member # 488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animation Pimp   Author's Homepage   Email Animation Pimp         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave...let's not quarrel. I'm scared period bceause you're right...it's just begun.
IP: Logged
Olve
IE # 185
Member # 427

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Olve   Author's Homepage   Email Olve         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't read all the posts here... I don't need to.
This is disturbing. It's surreal.
I have no words.

Olve

--------------------
Olve's Blog

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 11 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
A truely sad day. My heart goes out to everyone effected.

--------------------
contact@animationnation.com
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com
www.myspace.com/redskystudio

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a feeling someone is trying to start some chit...and not one of the obvious two parties in conflict. Ofcourse all things of this nature go deeper than the obvious media coverage, it just feels weird...weirder than usual.

Boarders all of a sudden don't mean quite so much.

Keep creating, its much better than destroying.

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

Twedzel
IE # 102
Member # 122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twedzel   Email Twedzel         Edit/Delete Post 
All day today I have been disturbed by the fact that there are those in the world who are celebrating today. In my mind I can only say, forgive them they know not what they do.
sigilkitty
Member # 428

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sigilkitty   Email sigilkitty         Edit/Delete Post 
One thing I would like to point out is that no one has actually claimed responsibility for this so we don't even know for sure that it *was* Palestinians that did this. Remember, the Oklahoma City bombing was blamed on the middle east until they caught the guy that did it.
Having spent part of my growing up years a couple of hours from New York, and having most of my family still in that part of the country, I've been pretty freaked out by this whole thing. It's awful and terrifying. But I would like to add that the media's angle has really concerned me. With so many news stations being quick to blame Palestine, I'm worried about acts of aggression against Palestinians living in the US. It certainly wouldn't be the first time in US history...I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should be empathetic toward those who have experienced loss because of this but we also shouldn't be rushing to point the finger of blame before we have hard evidence of who's responsible...

Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fooksie   Author's Homepage   Email Fooksie         Edit/Delete Post 
It's ok, Pimp, today is just a terrible day.

--------------------
" Every move a picture! "
Buddy Love

AMID
IE # 43
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AMID   Email AMID         Edit/Delete Post 
Twedzel:
The reason you're disturbed about why people are celebrating is because the media never reports how hopeless life is on the other side of the fence. There's no excuse for this tragedy, just as there is no excuse for the millions upon millions of human beings who have died because of US aggression and arrogance throughout the 20th century. I'm as disgusted and repulsed by the terrible events of today as everybody else; I sit in front of my computer taking in the unfolding events in a semi-state of shock. But without our ability to look beyond the box, beyond the simple black-and-white facts that the media delivers, there is no hope for understanding what could drive our flesh-and-blood counterparts to such extremes. In the face of such immense tragedy, perspective from all angles is vital.

Amid
http://www.AnimationBlast.com

ClosetAni1
IE # 115
Member # 46

Icon 8 posted      Profile for ClosetAni1   Author's Homepage   Email ClosetAni1         Edit/Delete Post 
Pimp, this may come as a surprise to you, but this is supposed to be a board where politics are left at home. If you insist on it, ok, here's some politics for ya': you're anti-American rhetoric has been disgusting in the past, and was absolutely shameful today.

--------------------
www.scooterandferret.com

Twedzel
IE # 102
Member # 122

Actually what is much deeper disturbance in my mind is the thought of the organizers of this act "celebrating the victory" jubilent in the blood shed. Its a thought that chilled me all day. The footage of the children celebrating in the street was much easier to accept for the reasons you mention and the simple fact that they don't really know what they are celebrating. Its just the thought of terrorists cheering the carnage that has got me disturbed. I woke up to my girlfriend telling me that the world trade center no longer existed (and not really being able to beleive her) but when I first saw the buildings collapse on TV this morning I thought of their jubilation and havn't been able to shake it all day. I don't know why.
Map
IEcm
Member # 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Map   Author's Homepage   Email Map         Edit/Delete Post 
Hate is taught at a young age no matter where you are from and where you live..
friedegg
IE # 6
Member # 627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for friedegg   Author's Homepage   Email friedegg         Edit/Delete Post 
Knee jerk responses to such an atrocity are expected. I had a knee jerk reaction, and I still do. I grieved, I cried, and I am angry.

I am angry because of the death and destruction. I am angry because my very sense of well being and safety is shattered.

I want the people responsible to be made an example of, I want the result to be that any other terrorist sanction will think twice before contemplating any sort of slaughter to innocents.

I really envy the people who posted that have no thirst for justice, to be able to look at this tragedy and realize the potential for escalating violence, and wanting to end it before it gets worse.

I want to feel safe in a tall building, on a plane trip, sitting in my office. We have gotten just a taste of what other countries live with on a daily basis.

The freedom we have come to expect and take for granted has always come at a high price. What price can we pay for the entire world to feel safe from cowardly, faceless attacks? What price is worth the safety of our children and grandchildren? Do we fight this by imposing stricter security measures and hope we can use prevention to stop terrorists? Or do we eliminate the terrorists?

--------------------
 -

wade
Member # 660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wade           Edit/Delete Post 
I just heard from a guy i know that's a firefighter and went into the WTC building that was hit first. He's as far up as the 3rd floor trying to recover people and gets a message to get the hell out of the building. A couple of seconds later the building collapses. This guy was lucky enough to get under a doorway and find his way out. He said there were people flying past him, falling from the higher floors.

Last i checked 200 firemen are dead/missing.
I give all the credit in the world to these guys and all the other people that risked their lives. Most of them probably knew there wasn't a good chance they were going to make it out.

wade
Member # 660

were going to make it >>>were NOT
ClosetAni1
IE # 115
Member # 46

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ClosetAni1   Author's Homepage   Email ClosetAni1         Edit/Delete Post 
Wade, that's a terrible story...

--------------------
www.scooterandferret.com

Slappy
Member # 175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slappy   Email Slappy         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I can speak for the other Canadians on this board when I say that todays events are shocking, frightening and unconscionable, and that all of us from north of the border send our condolences and prayers to our American friends and neighbors.

This kind of violence is never acceptable, under any circumstances.

SNAKEBITE
IE # 101
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SNAKEBITE   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Peace, even through the pieces!!!

Lets stay focused and for the sake of our future generations, keep creating!!

--------------------
www.artbysnakebite.com
www.myspace.com/mrbite
www.redskystudio.com

Eric R. Frazier
Member # 356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric R. Frazier   Author's Homepage   Email Eric R. Frazier         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the greatest thing I have heard recently that is that they are starting to find some people ALIVE under all the debris in New York.

This is a miracle and I thank God for it.

I think this would be the perfect time for me to say, I am a very spritual person and I certainly believe in God. When I could finally pull my eyes away from the TV set yesterday, the next thing I did was to have a good, honest prayer and try to not look at the TV so much---(the Bible made for a nice distraction).

This post has grown tremendously in such a short time, I think it represents the characters of many of you. I have a great respect for nearly every single comment made in this post.

The "finger-pointing" issue is kind of a big deal. Some people say we shouldn't start yet, but I am with a larger section of people that wants to find out who did this. The number of you that have been watching the news have heard reports on Osama Bin Laden. I don't want to start a whole post on this guy either, but I just want to say, it seems like all roads lead to him, and while I do not feel an immediate "precision air strike/bomb drop on Afghanistan, etc." is necessary right now, I do believe this man will eventually be brought to justice.

If Osama is behind this at all, he has his punishment coming....

It seems all I can do is post about this. I think this is the feeling of most people not directly afflicted. For me, I don't live in the immediate area, but I hear how well everyone is pulling together in New York, donating blood.

If seeing a huge orange fireball and a mass of debris in smoke on TV and the next minute see a fireman helping another man the next is symbolic, then I think that's the most symolic image I have ever seen.

After all this talk, I think I should end with what, whether you believe or not, should be said (and is already known)

All those that died (civilians, the hundreds of fireman/police, etc.) are in a better place. A Much better place, and it is for this reason ONLY that I can say everything happens for a reason. God still let his light shine through brightly yesterday-a sign in itself.

The dust has settled.

And according to President Bush,

"We will past this test."

God bless you all--keep praying

-Eric R. Frazier,17
TEXAS

Eric R. Frazier
Member # 356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric R. Frazier   Author's Homepage   Email Eric R. Frazier         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the greatest thing I have heard recently that is that they are starting to find some people ALIVE under all the debris in New York.

This is a miracle and I thank God for it.

I think this would be the perfect time for me to say, I am a very spritual person and I certainly believe in God.
When I could finally pull my eyes away from the TV set yesterday, the next thing I did was to have a good, honest prayer and try to not look at the TV so much---(the Bible made for a nice distraction).

This post has grown tremendously in such a short time, I think it represents the characters of many of you. I have a great respect for nearly every single comment made in this post.

The "finger-pointing" issue is kind of a big deal. Some people say we shouldn't start yet, but I am with a larger section of people that wants to find out who did this. The number of you that have been watching the news have heard reports on Osama Bin Laden. I don't want to start a whole post on this guy either, but I just want to say, it seems like all roads lead to him, and while I do not feel an immediate "precision air strike/bomb drop on
Afghanistan, etc." is necessary right now, I do believe this man will eventually be brought to justice.

If Osama is behind this at all, he has his punishment coming....

It seems all I can do is post about this. I think this is the feeling of most people not directly afflicted. For me, I don't live in the immediate area, but I hear how well everyone is pulling together in New York, donating blood.

If seeing a huge orange fireball and a mass of debris in smoke on TV and the next minute see a fireman helping another man the next is symbolic, then I think that's the most symolic image I have ever seen.

After all this talk, I think I should end with what, whether you believe or not, should be said (and is already known)

All those that died (civilians, the hundreds of fireman/police, etc.) are in a better place. A Much better place, and it is for this reason ONLY that I can say everything happens for a reason. God still let his light shine through brightly yesterday-a sign in itself.

The dust has settled.

And according to President Bush,

"WE WILL PASS THIS TEST."

God bless you all--keep praying

-Eric R. Frazier,17
TEXAS

Animation Pimp
Member # 488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animation Pimp   Author's Homepage   Email Animation Pimp         Edit/Delete Post 
I received this email from one of your own U.S. citizens:

Death, Downtown

Dear friends,

I was supposed to fly today on the 4:30 PM American Airlines flight from LAX to JFK. But tonight I find myself stuck in L.A. with an incredible range of emotions over what has happened on the island where I work and live in New York City.

My wife and I spent the first hours of the day -- after being awakened by phone calls from our parents at 6:40am PT -- trying to contact our daughter at school in New York and our friend JoAnn who works near the World Trade Center.

I called JoAnn at her office. As someone picked up, the first tower imploded, and the person answering the phone screamed and ran out, leaving me no clue as to whether or not she or JoAnn would live.

It was a sick, horrible, frightening day.

On December 27, 1985 I found myself caught in the middle of a terrorist incident at the Vienna airport -- which left 30 people dead, both there and at the Rome airport. (The machine-gunning of passengers in each city was timed to occur at the same moment.)

I do not feel like discussing that event tonight because it still brings up too much despair and confusion as to how and why I got to live… a fluke, a mistake, a few feet on the tarmac, and I am still here, there but for the grace of…

Safe. Secure. I’m an American, living in America. I like my illusions. I walk through a metal detector, I put my carry-ons through an x-ray machine, and I know all will be well.

Here’s a short list of my experiences lately with airport security:

* At the Newark Airport, the plane is late at boarding everyone. The counter can’t find my seat. So I am told to just “go ahead and get on” -- without a ticket!

* At Detroit Metro Airport, I don’t want to put the lunch I just bought at the deli through the x-ray machine so, as I pass through the metal detector, I hand the sack to the guard through the space between the detector and the x-ray machine. I tell him “It’s just a sandwich.” He believes me and doesn’t bother to check. The sack has gone through neither security device.

* At LaGuardia in New York, I check a piece of luggage, but decide to catch a later plane. The first plane leaves without me, but with my bag -- no one knowing what is in it.

* Back in Detroit, I take my time getting off the commuter plane. By the time I have come down its stairs, the bus that takes the passengers to the terminal has left -- without me. I am alone on the tarmac, free to wander wherever I want. So I do. Eventually, I flag down a pick-up truck and an airplane mechanic gives me a ride the rest of the way to the terminal.

* I have brought knives, razors; and once, my traveling companion brought a hammer and chisel. No one stopped us.

Of course, I have gotten away with all of this because the airlines consider my safety SO important, they pay rent-a-cops $5.75 an hour to make sure the bad guys don’t get on my plane. That is what my life is worth -- less than the cost of an oil change.

Too harsh, you say? Well, chew on this: a first-year pilot on American Eagle (the commuter arm of American Airlines) receives around $15,000 a year in annual pay.

That’s right -- $15,000 for the person who has your life in his hands. Until recently, Continental Express paid a little over $13,000 a year. There was one guy, an American Eagle pilot, who had four kids so he went down to the welfare office and applied for food stamps -- and he was eligible!

Someone on welfare is flying my plane? Is this for real? Yes, it is.

So spare me the talk about all the precautions the airlines and the FAA is taking. They, like all businesses, are concerned about one thing -- the bottom line and the profit margin.

Four teams of 3-5 people were all able to penetrate airport security on the same morning at 3 different airports and pull off this heinous act? My only response is -- that’s all?

Well, the pundits are in full diarrhea mode, gushing on about the “terrorist threat” and today’s scariest dude on planet earth -- Osama bin Laden. Hey, who knows, maybe he did it. But, something just doesn’t add up.

Am I being asked to believe that this guy who sleeps in a tent in a desert has been training pilots to fly our most modern, sophisticated jumbo jets with such pinpoint accuracy that they are able to hit these three targets without anyone wondering why these planes were so far off path?

Or am I being asked to believe that there were four religious/political fanatics who JUST HAPPENED to be skilled airline pilots who JUST HAPPENED to want to kill themselves today?

Maybe you can find one jumbo jet pilot willing to die for the cause -- but FOUR? Ok, maybe you can -- I don’t know.

What I do know is that all day long I have heard everything about this bin Laden guy except this one fact -- WE created the monster known as Osama bin Laden!

Where did he go to terrorist school? At the CIA!

Don’t take my word for it -- I saw a piece on MSNBC last year that laid it all out. When the Soviet Union occupied Afghanistan, the CIA trained him and his buddies in how to commits acts of terrorism against the Soviet forces. It worked! The Soviets turned and ran. Bin Laden was grateful for what we taught him and thought it might be fun to use those same techniques against us.

We abhor terrorism -- unless we’re the ones doing the terrorizing.

We paid and trained and armed a group of terrorists in Nicaragua in the 1980s who killed over 30,000 civilians. That was OUR work. You and me. Thirty thousand murdered civilians and who the hell even remembers!

We fund a lot of oppressive regimes that have killed a lot of innocent people, and we never let the human suffering THAT causes to interrupt our day one single bit.

We have orphaned so many children, tens of thousands around the world, with our taxpayer-funded terrorism (in Chile, in Vietnam, in Gaza, in Salvador) that I suppose we shouldn’t be too surprised when those orphans grow up and are a little whacked in the head from the horror we have helped cause.

Yet, our recent domestic terrorism bombings have not been conducted by a guy from the desert but rather by our own citizens: a couple of ex-military guys who hated the federal government.

From the first minutes of today’s events, I never heard that possibility suggested. Why is that?

Maybe it’s because the A-rabs are much better foils. A key ingredient in getting Americans whipped into a frenzy against a new enemy is the all-important race card. It’s much easier to get us to hate when the object of our hatred doesn’t look like us.

Congressmen and Senators spent the day calling for more money for the military; one Senator on CNN even said he didn’t want to hear any more talk about more money for education or health care -- we should have only one priority: our self-defense.

Will we ever get to the point that we realize we will be more secure when the rest of the world isn’t living in poverty so we can have nice running shoes?

In just 8 months, Bush gets the whole world back to hating us again. He withdraws from the Kyoto agreement, walks us out of the Durban conference on racism, insists on restarting the arms race -- you name it, and Baby Bush has blown it all.

The Senators and Congressmen tonight broke out in a spontaneous version of “God Bless America.” They’re not a bad group of singers!

Yes, God, please do bless us.

Many families have been devastated tonight. This just is not right. They did not deserve to die. If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes’ destination of California -- these were places that voted AGAINST Bush!

Why kill them? Why kill anyone? Such insanity…

Let’s mourn, let’s grieve, and when it’s appropriate let’s examine our contribution to the unsafe world we live in.

It doesn’t have to be like this…

Yours,

Michael Moore
mmflint@aol.com

Animation Pimp
Member # 488

America's Terrorist Roots
Geov Parrish, WorkingForChange.com
September 11, 2001

"Throughout the world, on any given day, a man, woman, or child is likely to be displaced, tortured, killed, or 'disappeared', at the hands of governments or armed political groups. More often than not, the United States shares the blame." -- Amnesty International, 1996

"Everything I did, I did for my country." -- Pol Pot

As people recoil in horror at what is undeniably, well, a horror and a tragedy, and as the U.S. undoubtedly starts to mount retaliatory attacks, here are a few brief reminders of how we got here.

I listened incredulously Monday as NPR's "Talk of the Nation" sunk to what I can only wish was a new low, with a spirited, cheerful, explicit hour-long defense of the wholesome goodness for the entire world of the American Empire and its current global military dominance. Two cheerleaders for this arrangement deftly handled softball questions, while nobody, in the segments I could stomach listening to, bothered to point out that, for example, this country was founded because our much-worshipped "Founding Fathers" didn't like being told what to do by bullies halfway around the world. Times haven't changed that much.

Yesterday, Henry Kissinger was facing accusations (thank you, Christopher Hitchens) of being a war criminal. He's not alone. Here's a short list of additional recent American war criminals-- essentially the American leaders of the last decades:

William Clinton, former President, for 78 days and nights of bombing the civilians of Yugoslavia (carried out by U.S. Gen. Wesley Clark under NATO auspices); continuation of sanctions and rocket attacks upon the people of Iraq; and illegal bombings of Somalia, Bosnia, Sudan, and Afghanistan.

Gen. Colin Powell, Secretary of State, for his leading role in the attacks on Panama, Iraq, and covering up My Lai. George Bush, former President, for the murder of hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians, and thousands of Panamanian civilians (along with kidnapping the country's leader, a former CIA protégé).

Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf, former Commander in Chief, U.S. Central Command, for his role in attacking Iraqi civilians.

Ronald Reagan, former President, for illegal attacks on El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Grenada, and Libya.

Elliot Abrams, former Assistant Secretary of State (and back in the new Bush Administration), for overseeing much of the death and fascism in Central America. Also Casper Weinberger, Secretary of Defense; Lt. Col. Oliver North; and many others.

Henry Kissinger, former Secretary of State: Chile, Vietnam, East Timor, Angola, Iraq, and Cambodia.

Gerald Ford, former President, for giving approval to Indonesia for the genocide of East Timor.

And on, back through the war in Southeast Asia. "War criminal" means just that--inflicting a level of carnage barbaric and unacceptable even in time of war. It does not even begin to touch the many regimes -- today, Israel comes to mind -- that the U.S. has supported, armed, advised, and even installed, who have inflicted horrors on their own populations.

This is a day of complete horror in the history of the United States; and the American public as well as its leaders will demand retribution. Let's not forget, however, how we got to this day.

mephistopheles
Member # 275

Icon 11 posted      Profile for mephistopheles   Email mephistopheles         Edit/Delete Post 
1. sadness, shock, sorrow, anger

2. no god

3. these terrorists, be they arab, cuban, american or other, will not stop until they are dead. there is no reasoning with them, they will not "give peace a chance". it is not a matter of vengeance or justice. there is no example to be made because they will not care. (nuclear retaliation, by the way, would be cutting your nose off to spite your face, it won't stop them, they will change bases, and it will poison the atmosphere - you want your kids growing up in that...?)

4. the best retaliation is to rebuild, it will frustrate the f*ck out of them

hamsterbite
IE # 3
Member # 277

Icon 9 posted      Profile for hamsterbite   Email hamsterbite         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand how something this horrifying can happen.

I am still grieving and praying about this; I know that my spirit can be really messed up on a lot of issues, and I don't want hatred to be my motivation for anything. I'm still working through it. But the reason that I feel that the people responsible for all this should lose their lives is that (it seems obvious) they won't stop killing innocent people -- or commissioning others to -- until they themselves are dead.
I try not to be impressed by "satisfying" reports of macho military strikes. I want us to find out who is actually the culprit. But if we were to just let this go and "move on," I'm afraid we'd be inviting all malcontents worldwide to come in and slaughter our children and grandchildren for many years to come.

How we can get to the terrorists without killing more innocent people, I don't know.

gus
Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gus   Email gus         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave Brewster
Member # 13

posted September 11, 2001 02:11 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pimp, I think it speaks completely about your character that you use this event utter this political message on how you think Americans can "wake up". As in the past, you speak without any real knowledge on this subject. Really, it's embarrassing. There are NO reasons good enough to make this happen. Obviously you aren't "devastated" enough. Innocents are innocents whether they are here or in Palistine. Thousands of people are dead . For Christs sake , just stow your damn agenda and be a fu-king human being. Please.

DAVE!!! TALK ABOUT POLITICAL MESSAGE... IT'S STILL ISREAL... NOT PALESTINE.

ClosetAni1
IE # 115
Member # 46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ClosetAni1   Author's Homepage   Email ClosetAni1         Edit/Delete Post 
Pimp, you bring up that farce of a conference on racism, you lose all your credibilty.

--------------------
www.scooterandferret.com

hamsterbite
IE # 3
Member # 277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hamsterbite   Email hamsterbite         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...
Uh, when I posted that last one, I didn't realize there were 2 pages on this topic, so sorry I wasn't all that timely.

By the way, I believe there's an all-powerful God who loves us and lets us do unspeakable evil sometimes in the name of... personal freedom. I'm not always comfortable with that, but I believe it's true.

Nodah
Member # 611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nodah   Email Nodah         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Pimp:
When was the last time you saw your heroic Palestinians and Jihad'ers sending aid, doctors, peacekeepers, food, or money anywhere? Who does the entire world appeal to for help and stopping injustice? And who do they blame when it continues? Not just the government, but civilians as well!?
Your arab groups, and PLO types stated goal is the elimination of Israel, and they are heard chanting "Kill all the Jews" ever so frequently. That is out and out racism, and you are defending it. It's racism that fuels these terorists, and evidently you too.
America has done bad things, but at least we're all, as a country, actively working to improve things. But I guess you think so are the Taleban and Hamas, huh? Hitler too?

Animation Pimp
Member # 488

Boy...it's amazing how intolerant and hateful some of you are. I guess it's easier than actually educating yourselves.
Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fooksie   Author's Homepage   Email Fooksie         Edit/Delete Post 
Pimp, I wish I could understand you. You don't kick a man when he's down, and you don't wag a finger with a ".. this is why it happened".. explanation of world events while buildings are smoldering.
This isn't the time for your well thought out, if badly-timed, diatribes against America.
Although, this is an example of why America is so great.
I don't agree with you, but you have the right to say it.

--------------------
" Every move a picture! "
Buddy Love

Nodah
Member # 611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nodah   Email Nodah         Edit/Delete Post 
You're right, Pimple. I am hateful and intolerant...I hate evil, in all its forms. I'm intolerant of violence.
I could be "educated" like you and spout a lot of psuedo-intelectual babble to try to make everyone think I'm oh-so sophisticated and worldly, but think I'll pass.
For you to come on this board and say "what a tragedy, but you really had it coming" is callous, cold and a slap in the face to every victim, rescuer, soldier, sailor, airman, aid worker, missionary, cop, and firfighter as well as to the people you're trying to piss off.
Everyone be sure to write Pres. Bush and ask him to be clear any future actions thru Pimple.

Twedzel
IE # 102
Member # 122

Tact obviously isn't one of your better traits eh Pimp? Is it so essential to prove yourself right at the expense of compassion? Right now is a time for mourning, and regrouping... there will be time later for the politics.
Scott Ruggels
IE # 56
Member # 60

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Ruggels   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Ruggels         Edit/Delete Post 
Pimp,

I am educated. I know some of the reasons, but, frankly, I don't care. Yes Bin Laden was our trained dog in Afghanistan,That sense of timing and planning is probably the result of our education of him. He will be removed, eventually.

The thing is, I don't care. I will do what ever it takes to maintain our superiority, our way of life, and our power. I have appointments to give blood, later, and I am doing something.Screw those corrupt little nations surrounding Israel, they are so focused on Israel and impotent nationalism, that they are incapable of feedin their people, and maintining their infrastructures.

God bless America.

Scott

wade
Member # 660

Oh please....
You're using this crap to support your opinions?

Michael Moore should be ashamed.

Im not a Bush supporter at all, but CLEARLY He's doing this because he's anti-Bush and can't let the Florida vote go.

Yeah, this would have never happened if Gore was in office.
You're a class act, Moore...

Dave is
no longer a
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave is           Edit/Delete Post 
Gus, the people laughing and celebrating yesterday were Palestinian. Hence my using that reference. Despite that the innocents that are killed on either side. are just that , innocent. Either side. On either side. I won't get in a debate with you because this was no political statement. It was just plain out and out murder and should be treated as such . Expect no sympathy for any political struggle from this point on. They have closed that door and nailed human bodies to it.
gus
Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gus   Email gus         Edit/Delete Post 
K Dave.. just very important to use simple and exact language.
Jon
IE # 110
Member # 10

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon   Author's Homepage   Email Jon         Edit/Delete Post 
That'll be the day ... when artists start calculating their words before they use them. Maybe it IS the end of the world.
Dickie Crickitts
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dickie Crickitts   Email Dickie Crickitts         Edit/Delete Post 
I just looked at the names of people who were on the planes...I don't want to jump to conclusions, but one name was 'Charles Jones of Los Angeles' and the other was 'Chevy Chase'. Does anyone know about this? Maybe this should be a new topic.
Eric R. Frazier
Member # 356

I am glad to see new faces posting at AN.
Sorry it had to be under these circumstances.

-Dickie--I know I'm not the only one interested in your recent comment. Where did you first hear this? Quite a story.....if it is what you say it is, then I am sure something will pop up sometime down the road..

--Mr. Enis Tahsin-Ozgur, thank you for your post regarding this. I respect you and hope things are getting along well in Turkey. I look forward to future posts from you.

----
I recently heard that the NY hijackers may have been staying in a nearby hotel before taking control on of the aircraft. Not sure at all on this one-just heard something on the TV.

Also heard that the WHite house and Air Force one were targets. Somebody came up weith the idea that the plane in PA orginal target was, in fact, the White hOuse, or possibly the "Pentagon plane" was originally destined for the White House. However, these don't hold much water and I refuse to believe them.

It's been discovered that the PA passengers did put up a fight with the hijackers before the crash.

--------- that's all I'm hearing at this time.

As always, God be with us all......

-Eric R. Frazier,17
TEXAS

Otterslide
IE # 38
Member # 346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Otterslide   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
At least one of the casualties was from Chevy Chase, Maryland.

This info scrolls by on the bottom of the screen. I figured somebody would make that mistake when they read it.

--------------------
Bryon E. Carson, Proprietor
 -

Patman
Member # 481

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patman   Email Patman         Edit/Delete Post 
I was looking around for "alternative" info... eyewitness reports and so forth, that aren't filtered through news media. Not much to be found, but some are listed here:
http://www.portalofevil.com/news/

My friend made me a tshirt about globalism: captioned "Global Economic Meltdown" with a stock graph going straight down. I won't be wearing it for a long time because it would be opportunist. Genuine criticism implies patriotism because you have to care about making society better. Religious-fascist terrorists don't represent any god, country, workers, freedom, or anything, Russia and China would never have done anything like this.

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012