AnimationNation Forum

AnimationNation
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » General Discussion   » AMERICA UNDER ATTACK (Page 1)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Author Topic: AMERICA UNDER ATTACK
Eric R. Frazier
Member # 356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric R. Frazier   Author's Homepage   Email Eric R. Frazier         Edit/Delete Post 
I realize this is probably the wrong place to post such a topic......but, I see it fitting to take a small time just for the boards artists to view their thoughts.

TERRORIST ATTACKS ON TRADE CENTER/PENTAGON-

Earlier today, two planes collided at the World Trade Center Twin Towers and later at the Pentagon. Many are relating this to PEARL HARBOR, and many can make the connection easily. Casusalities, no doubt, are in the thousands, and some figure more than Pearl Harbor ever saw. An AMerican tragedy, and some say, the start of our newest war.

I am watching the news as I type and I am sure you can all keep yourselves updated, but if some of you artists care to share here, please do so.

I hope none of you had any family members injured.

God be with you all, and this is certainly a day in history to remember.

-Eric R. Frazier,17

IP: Logged
Twedzel
IE # 102
Member # 122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twedzel   Email Twedzel         Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts go out to the families of the victems todays senslessness.
jenner
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenner   Email jenner         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the animators here at work had a cousin in the first tower. He was on the 30th floor and managed to run down the steps before it collapsed.
kasur
Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kasur   Email kasur         Edit/Delete Post 
A moment of silence for those lost today...

Now let's get down to business, Mr Pres, and kick some terrorist ass !

In all seriousness, this is truly a sad day and my heart goes out to the families of the people whom have lost their lives in this horrifying attack.

Eric R. Frazier
Member # 356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric R. Frazier   Author's Homepage   Email Eric R. Frazier         Edit/Delete Post 
The news footage of this tragedy is incredible. Every time I see that smoke and debris thrusting its way through New York amazes me. This looks like something out of a horror film.

The foogtage of the actual plancrash on the second tower is just mind boggling.

I appreciate the first couple of comments this post has recieved. Even though this AN board is a constant source of jokes, laughs, and a good time, I am so glad to see warm, serious emotions of care and concern for others. God bless.

Jenner--thanks for sharing the story. I am glad that animator's relative made it ok.

Let's keep each other posted as needbe and let's keep each other, and those most directly associated with today's event, in our prayers.

If I am out of line, somebody stop me, but I think whoever did this,...they'll be getting their payback soon enough.

-Eric R. Frazier,17

CIDER GOO SUIT
Member # 667

Icon 9 posted      Profile for CIDER GOO SUIT           Edit/Delete Post 
Looking off my building's rooftop here in Brooklyn all you see is smoke covering the entire skyline. It doesn’t even look like NY anymore. The sound of fighter jets flying by fills the air. It's incredible and freighting.
My prayers go to all victims and their families.

Dave is
no longer a
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave is           Edit/Delete Post 
No Eric , you aren't out of line 10,000s of thousands people worked in each of the World Trade towers. We have been watching and I have no words. Everything , all airports, theme parks , stock markets and everything are closed here. I have absolutely no words. It is the saddest day . As you said Eric. All our prayers go out to the people of New York and Washington. All the fire fighters , police and doctors who are struggling to save lives.
gus
Member # 776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gus   Email gus         Edit/Delete Post 
the media.. typically is sad.... heartfelt wishes and prayers.
Animation Pimp
Member # 488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animation Pimp   Author's Homepage   Email Animation Pimp         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel very very bad today for those thousands of innocent victims...but the U.S. has invited this day with their economic and military policies. Now I fear things will get worse. A big angry military machine with a juvenile macho Bush in charge. More innocent people are probably going to die.

Nevertheless I am truly horrifed and saddened by all that's occurred.

friedegg
IE # 6
Member # 627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for friedegg   Author's Homepage   Email friedegg         Edit/Delete Post 
My thoughts are first with the people abroad the planes subject to the horror unfolding.

This is the the first time since the election I am glad Dubba is in the white house. I truly hope the Texan lives up to his reputation and opens a can a whoopass on those responsible.

--------------------
 -

ClosetAni1
IE # 115
Member # 46

Icon 9 posted      Profile for ClosetAni1   Author's Homepage   Email ClosetAni1         Edit/Delete Post 
Been watching most of the morning, saw the tower collapse live. I share everyone's sentiments, there are no words.

--------------------
www.scooterandferret.com

ClosetAni1
IE # 115
Member # 46

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ClosetAni1   Author's Homepage   Email ClosetAni1         Edit/Delete Post 
I might add, Pimp, that it's pretty tastless to spend this morning blaming American policies for an attack for which there is absolutely no excuse!!!

--------------------
www.scooterandferret.com

ClosetAni1
IE # 115
Member # 46

Icon 8 posted      Profile for ClosetAni1   Author's Homepage   Email ClosetAni1         Edit/Delete Post 
That was supposed to be posted with a very, very angry face, not a question mark.

--------------------
www.scooterandferret.com

Eboshi-sama
Member # 372

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Eboshi-sama   Email Eboshi-sama         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Pimp doesn't so much blame the policies as it is a sort of natural "effect" of a festering "cause." Tasteless maybe, but plausable.
Eric R. Frazier
Member # 356

Though I should have, I did not mention this earlier. Thank you Dave, for mentioning the
numberous policemen, doctors, etc. on the scene, trying to heal the situation patient by
patient, etc. As my dad is a police officer for TXDPS here in Texas, I can certainly
understand and appreciate their value to society-all to well.

Still watching the news....

$400 million in damage (just the two NY towers alone). The human losses, at over
10,000, are -no question-priceless.

Again, and again, God be with us and those more directly afflicted.
There IS light at the end of this tragedy's tunnel.

Eric R. Frazier,17

wade
Member # 660

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wade           Edit/Delete Post 
It's like a movie. You see the second plane crash into the building and a fireball blow-out on the other side.
Then there's other footage of one of the buildings collapsing and people ducking under cars and trying to outrun the smoke clouds.
It's amazing.

The innocent people in the planes, the people in the WTC buildings, the people trying to save themselves by jumping out of the top floors, the people in the Pentagon, some of the palestinians celebrating....
It's terrible.

..But on the other hand you see the NYC people helping one another, the firemen,policemen and paramedics risking their lives...
There's still some humanity.

Here on LONG ISLAND alot of people were just being sent home. The LIE was terrible.

I just can't wrap my brain around how this was pulled off.
So many questions:

4 different transatlantic planes hijacked in different parts of the US at basically the same time?
How do you hijack one plane?
Planes entering some of the most restricted airspace in the US without warning?
A plane even getting near our NATIONAL DEFENSE HEADQUARTERS??
How was this pulled off?

Animation Pimp
Member # 488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Animation Pimp   Author's Homepage   Email Animation Pimp         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not excusing this tragedy. I'm as devastated as the rest of you...but there are reasons that this occurred. I wish a few of you would sit back and relax before spouting off such reactionary gibberish about getting the bombs out and taking care of these enemies. You've no idea who did this and yet some of you are loading your rifles and aiming.

U.S. policies have had devastating effect on MANY innocent people. It was only a matter of time before the table was turned. I wish to hell it hadn't but maybe a few of you will wake up, turn off CNN and the ****ing Disney channel and see your country for what it REALLY is. You keep spouting this patriotic **** about god and freedom, but that supposed freedom (and if you REALLY believe you're free then you're very naive) has come at the expense of others.

I don't for a minute condone this catastrophe. I'm horrified...but maybe the U.S population will finally open their eyes now that they've had a taste of what the rest of the world has tasted at U.S. hands.

Tahsin
Member # 643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tahsin           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, this is Tahsin the Turk who, shamefully, didn't post anything new since your warm welcome some time ago because, happily, I was busy (...with all good intentions of telling you all about it when the crunch is over).

Today, I am breaking my silence, momentarily, to tell our friends in America that we are with them with our thoughts in this difficult hour. I hesitate to say "feelings" because the things that we have been seeing and hearing all afternoon (your morning) have been so spectacularly tragic that, for the moment, I feel numb. Its all so surreal that it will take a while to sink in. We sincerely hope none of our friends in America have been touched directly by this tragedy.

We here in this country are by now used to living with terrorism- just yesterday, a human bomb blew himself up, taking two policemen with him and sending several bypassers to the hospital. (Now that's something I can grasp, and grieve over.) But the horror America experienced today, my brain still refuses to accomodate. It's so vast and multi-faceted, and the evil that caused it so unfathomably great, that even a superficial thought about a single aspect of it sickens my soul. Our condolences to all!

Tahsin

Eboshi-sama
Member # 372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eboshi-sama   Email Eboshi-sama         Edit/Delete Post 
Pimp, I agree. The reactionary response is going to get more people killed. The retaliation has to be smart and concentrated. Not just a bunch of commandos getting their guns off all over the place. The United States needs a definate villian, and if the military can't find one, one will be made up, because the demand for retaliation *no matter what* will be too strong.

It would be nice if this catastrophe generated some intelligent thought, rather than just *shock* or *anger*. Those are appropriate emotions, but it doesn't mean anything if people don't think.

KitsuneStudios
IE # 156
Member # 69

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KitsuneStudios   Email KitsuneStudios         Edit/Delete Post 
Not going to happen Pimp. If A wasp stings someone, how many people blame themselves?

Violence is the last resort in a successful revolution, and the first resort of a falied one.

The goal of a revolution is to bring about change. The only way to truely do that is to create more people that belive in the cause than those who follow the current beliefs. A revolution attempts to do that by killing off enough of the opposition that the rest change their ways.

Violence has the opposite effect of intended when used against a majority: Those that were undecided or possibly leaning towards another's cause shun the extreme and move closer to the opposite end of the spectum for protection. We see that with abortion clinic bombings, suicide attacks in Israel and Palestine, and the riots at the major world economic conferences.

No good can come of this, for anyone: It'll only cause more violence in retaliaton, and anger those wo get in the path of the investigtion and punitive measures. And until a group takes responsibility for it, there's no way to know whether the anger and hatred behind it was legitimate (and still inexcuasble) as you suggest, or misguided perception of injustice.

--------------------
Instant Philosopher: Just add hot topic and agitate!

Animation Pimp
Member # 488

Kitsune...you're absolutely right. The bottom line is that "nothing good is going to come of this: for anyone"
Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fooksie   Author's Homepage   Email Fooksie         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel terrible for the victims and their families and my prayers go out to them.
The Fox news channel let some raw footage slip past that had shown a person falling to the ground from one of the towers.
Nobody deserves that, and to say so is insulting.
There are evil people in the world who can always rationalize their acts, whether it's politics or the color of skin.
I hope the people responsible are brought to justice swiftly.

--------------------
" Every move a picture! "
Buddy Love

Richard
Member # 247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard   Email Richard         Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed that over the past couple of years a growing complacency in the United States. Most of this is due to the unhindered comforts that we Americans have revelled in all our lives. With this complacency came an emaciation of patriotism, creativity, willingness to stand up for what you believe and a general concern for the welfare of others. I have an impeccable hunch that such a surplus of comfort is also responsible for our declining educational standards and morale. People have been placated out of their work ethic and the idea of "blood sweat and tears" has been put on the back burner---where knowing that you have worked your balls off for something extremely satisfying is numbed.

All I can say now is that hopefully this horrific incident will serve as a reminder of our addiction to apathy that we see on our television all the time: the Reality TV junk, MTV idiocy, the crude humor and (as we all know) the atrocious state of animated cartoons.

I am with you all in this undeniably grief-stricken day. Thank you and best of luck to you all.

Peace.

--------------------
www.richardjgaines.blogspot.com

jenner
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenner   Email jenner         Edit/Delete Post 
Why revenge?

I keep reading posts "let's get those bastards". Why? What will it solve?

Would it really make you feel good to drop a bomb on them?

The ball is in our court now. We can serve up a war that will only cost more lives, or we can take this as a tragedy, condemn it, move on.

This is very sad, but it's worse to hear that some of you want them to feel the same pain we feel, ...how do think this started?

Animation Pimp
Member # 488

Richard....very nice words.

Fooksie...please read more carefully. No one anywhere here said that anyone deserved this.

As for lessons...I dunno already CNN has deteriorated into exploitation central..less concerned with the moment than with capturing the moment. I just saw some silly amateur video shot by a doctor (of all people)walking around the wreckage. The CNN correspondent started going on about how brave this guy was! Brave? How the fug was he brave? He should have dropped the damn camera and helped...instead he just kept walking, sucking air from a fireman's oxygen mask, washed his eyes...and was SURE to get a few shots of himself. Shameful.

Dave is
no longer a
Member # 13

Pimp, I think it speaks completely about your character that you use this event utter this political message on how you think Americans can "wake up". As in the past, you speak without any real knowledge on this subject. Really, it's embarrassing. There are NO reasons good enough to make this happen. Obviously you aren't "devastated" enough. Innocents are innocents whether they are here or in Palistine. Thousands of people are dead . For Christs sake , just stow your damn agenda and be a fu-king human being. Please.
Noogy
IE # 18
Member # 705

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Noogy   Email Noogy         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a pretty sick nightmare, and blaming anyone, even getting vengeance, won't fix things. No good will come of this, and my prayers go out to the casualties and injured.

Just a plain sad day.

--------------------
-Dean Dodrill

-

Animation Pimp
Member # 488

Dave, can you even fukking read? Obviously age does not ensure wisdom, let alone literacy.

I did not for a second say that there was a GOOD reason for this...but I'm certain there was a REASON. The U.S. probably thinks (for example) bombing Iraq to protect those poor poor 'democratic' Kuwait people was a GOOD reason...and I'm sure that whomever did this felt they had a good reason too.

ClosetAni1
IE # 115
Member # 46

Icon 14 posted      Profile for ClosetAni1   Author's Homepage   Email ClosetAni1         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Dave. This didn't seem like the time the place or the day for politics.

--------------------
www.scooterandferret.com

Animation Pimp
Member # 488

Closet (how appropriate)...politics has EVERYTHING to do what occured today.
Eboshi-sama
Member # 372

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Eboshi-sama   Email Eboshi-sama         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't think discussing the environment surrounding this disaster can do any harm. If you want to send your prayers and candolences, then SEND YOUR PRAYERS AND CANDOLENCES, and stop talking on the internet! Arguing *about* arguing is rediculous. This is an internet discussion board, and therefore, one cannot fully do justice to their feelings on an issue anyway. Grieving about the loss of life needs no discussion. Perhaps the future does.
Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fooksie   Author's Homepage   Email Fooksie         Edit/Delete Post 
What's your beef, Pimp? Are you just playing Devil's advocate, or do you really believe what you are saying?

--------------------
Buddy Love

John
Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John   Email John         Edit/Delete Post 
Animation prick,why don't you just
shut the **** up?! Try spouting your anti-
American bull**** on the streets of New York.
Just try it!!

XAV
Member # 716

Icon 9 posted      Profile for XAV   Email XAV         Edit/Delete Post 
wath a nightmare ... i m french and be sure that evryone here , as myself , is deeply touched by this tragedie ... all my thoughts to everyone how has been touched .
VAN_Paulus
Member # 149

Icon 9 posted      Profile for VAN_Paulus   Email VAN_Paulus         Edit/Delete Post 
Shocked and Devastated and unable to grasp at the horror and scale of death and destruction. Just last week here in our neighbourhood an crazed ex-cop did an "Alamo" and burn down his house after a 3 hour barrage of gun fire exchange with local police. Today's catastophe is of epic proportion. I am deeply saddened by all the senseless loss of life.
Ryan MacNeil
Member # 732

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Ryan MacNeil   Email Ryan MacNeil         Edit/Delete Post 
Just hard to wrap your mind around what has happened.I just finished reading Black Sunday. Simlar to this only it was on a smaller scale and had a happier ending. Thought it was only fiction...
My deepest condolances to all those involved.
Peace

Fooksie
IE # 239
Member # 331

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Fooksie   Author's Homepage   Email Fooksie         Edit/Delete Post 
You hit the nail on the head, Noogy.
It's a sad day that I wish had never happened.
But watching those people calmly evacuating the streets, without pushing and shoving, really brought a lump to my throat.
Kudos to you, New York!

--------------------
Buddy Love

Animation Pimp
Member # 488

Fooksie.
No devil.
No beef.
No anti-U.S. feelings.
I've got many dear friends and family in the U.S. and I was scared as hell for some of my New York friends. Fortunately they're all ok.
I hope the same goes for any of you who might have friends and/or family in New York or Washington.

This is, ironically, not a day to fight.

Map
IEcm
Member # 9

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Map   Author's Homepage   Email Map         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so in shock to see the footage today..I just cant believe this has happened..All those people in the towers..there are gone..I'm so sad for all the families of the victims..
Dave is
no longer a
Member # 13

You bet can read Pimp. perfectly and there was NO REASON. "Good" or not. We have had arguements about your blaming the US for everything before. You think this is over but it has just begun. You are lucky enough to have your friends and family safe for now. Think for a second about those who's families aren't. Just so you know someone is bombing Afganistans fuel depots as we speak.

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2  3 

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012