AnimationNation

my profile login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» AnimationNation   » The Contest Forum   » Contest #7 entries/voting

Author Topic: Contest #7 entries/voting
The Mod
Administrator
Member # 854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mod   Email The Mod         Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings once again! Let's commence to begin to get started with the
latest round of entries into the AN art contest.

The theme was "Oooo...Scarey"; and submissions were open from
Saturday, October 9th through Saturday, October 23rd.

Judging for this will be determined by the most popular interpretation of
the theme given. The poll will close next Wed, November 3rd at midnight.
When the winner is revealed we'll get in touch with the artist to confirm
the delivery method of the prize.

...and in case you missed it, the prize for the contest will be $100, an
AnimationNation.com t-shirt, a box of Col-erase pencils, and a year's
subscription to
 -

[Yes]

Also as a side note the prizemoney can only be delivered to overseas winners
through Paypal. We STRONGLY encourage you to set yourself up with an
account if you don't already have one.

Here's the entries! Click on the image to get the full-size, uncompressed
original submission.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 29 user(s) have voted.
Voting started at board time.
Voting stopped at board time.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

IP: Logged
The Mod
Administrator
Member # 854

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Rupert Piston

-

Raz

-

Animagus

-

Hamsterbite

-

The Mod
Administrator
Member # 854

Droosan

-

Hedman

-

BobW

-

The Mod
Administrator
Member # 854

Originally posted by Eric Hedman
--------------------

Wow...cool!...

I've been disenfranchised....
I can't vote. [Smile]

Well, just to kill some time....
Here is my explanatory paragraph.

My entry represents the feeling of voters in america, the average worker in a world of increasing globalization, and anything else that will make you feel warm and fuzzy about yourself as a happy, self-actualized human being. [Smile]

Make your votes count....Eric needs those pencils!!!!!!!

And with your third vote, vote for droosan or BobW. [Smile]

God Bless Us, everyone....even Russian Judge!

Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rupert Piston   Author's Homepage   Email Rupert Piston         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't need a paragraph, just a title/subtitle:

Grim Sarcasm

(mine is the one that says Campbell)

droosan
IE # 4
Member # 2225

Icon 14 posted      Profile for droosan           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice entries from everyone! [thumbsup]
BobW
IE # 197
Member # 1902

Icon 14 posted      Profile for BobW   Author's Homepage   Email BobW         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice entries indeed!!! Good luck everyone.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Smile]

SquarejawHero
IE # 188
Member # 2601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SquarejawHero   Author's Homepage   Email SquarejawHero         Edit/Delete Post 
Droosan, you completely had the same idea I did! [Big Grin] I hadn't had time to realise it, but I was going to but thousands of little demons under a sheet going trick-or-treating. The only clues would've been the eyeholes with more than one eye in them, hundreds of little feet around the bottom edge of the sheet and one lagging behind.

[cheers] Good luck all!

--------------------
Bowendesign.com

hamsterbite
IE # 3
Member # 277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hamsterbite   Email hamsterbite         Edit/Delete Post 
Some really good entries!
I know mine's random as usual, so there's no use trying to figure it out. It's for a medical lecture based on a case study on Third nerve palsy, and the doctor is a big Poe fan. Just something from my archives to get in on the Halloween fun; I know it's not exactly "on topic".

Happy Haunting, everyone!

Eric Hedman
IE # 84
Member # 2453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Hedman   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Hedman         Edit/Delete Post 
Remember...Cast you votes now!!!!

Get Eric those Pencils!!!!! [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.radiodismuke.com
20's-30's music

Come see my Second Life Stuff
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Chilispoon/128/80/39

Charles
Administrator
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles           Edit/Delete Post 
Droosan wins with 19 votes!

Second place is BobW with 10.

In third, Eric Hedman with 6.

Hamsterbite is fourth with 4.

Congratulations Droosan and good show everybody! Thanks for participating in another successful contest.

--------------------
 -

SoleilSmile
IE # 120
Member # 1483

Icon 10 posted      Profile for SoleilSmile   Author's Homepage   Email SoleilSmile         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Droosey! Congrats!

--------------------
HipChick Comics and Animatress Blog

www.hipchickcomics.com
http://www.animatress.blogspot.com/

Eric Hedman
IE # 84
Member # 2453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric Hedman   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Hedman         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoooo!!!!

I'm the Ralph Nader of Animation Nation!!!

Way to go Droosan!
Way to go Bob!!!!

--------------------
20's-30's music

Eric Hedman
IE # 84
Member # 2453

Way to go Bite O' the Hamster!!!

--------------------
20's-30's music

BobW
IE # 197
Member # 1902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BobW   Author's Homepage   Email BobW         Edit/Delete Post 
Way to go Droosan!! You da man!!
droosan
IE # 4
Member # 2225

Icon 7 posted      Profile for droosan           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! [Smile] I had a lot of fun coming up with that pic, and with the last contest, too!

I don't spend nearly enough time creating stuff just for the fun of it .. gotta start doing that more often. [Yes]

Thanks, Animation Nation! [cheers]

droosan
IE # 4
Member # 2225

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droosan           Edit/Delete Post 
For the interested: my entry was 'tradigital', in that the characters were hand-drawn. but the environment was CG:

-

I modeled the rooms in a skewed/curved fashion for the 'fish-eye' perspective. Much of the detailing I'd planned to add (such as a stove, sink, and curtains for the kitchen) never got completed, because I'd decided to build it all on the final Saturday of the contest. [blush]

Did anyone catch the fact that the Mom is wearing glasses in the portrait, but is not wearing them in the kitchen ..? I thought it was a fun detail, but no one I've shown this to seems to pick up on it, 'til I point it out ..

Dolemite50
IE # 113
Member # 830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dolemite50   Email Dolemite50         Edit/Delete Post 
CG?
Who invited Milli Vanilli?
Just kidding, that was great droosan, congrats. Some mighty fine entries all the way around.
Hambone, when I saw yours I instantly thought "OOooohhhhhhh, It's a medical lecture based on a case study on Third nerve palsy!" It sent a chill down my spine. Theres just something about those ol' medical lectures based on a case study on Third nerve palsies that chills me to the core every time.

hamsterbite
IE # 3
Member # 277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hamsterbite   Email hamsterbite         Edit/Delete Post 
Yee-haaa. I'm the Badnarik of Animation Nation!
Way to go, Droosan, BobW and Hedman! Top-notch work! (But I still control the Congress.)

Yeah, Dole, I think voters were just *too* darn scared of mine. A lot of people get weak in the knees at the sight of a 19th-Century guy looking at a bird. I guess, artistically, I just don't know my own strength sometimes, and now I'm paying the price for that. [restrained sob]

By the way, Droosan, your characters have great appeal, and I *did* notice the mom's glasses and thought it was a nice little touch.

Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rupert Piston   Author's Homepage   Email Rupert Piston         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't notice the glasses thing. She's got a lot more appeal without 'em, but in the portrait she looks much more family-mommish. The curve really takes the whole idea up a notch. Great stuff.

hey Hamsterbite-- I'd like to use that picture and your explanation this month when we cover gothic literature in my junior English class. We normally do the Raven, and I wasn't going to this year, but your piece inspires me to give it a shot again.

Eric Hedman
IE # 84
Member # 2453

Nuh Uhhh...Chix in Glasses.....Rhow Rhow....

--------------------
20's-30's music

Eric Hedman
IE # 84
Member # 2453

Well, maybe not THOSE glasses....

I think we assumed she got RK. [Wink]

--------------------
20's-30's music

hamsterbite
IE # 3
Member # 277

Rupert-
I'd be honored. Go ahead and use it. Heck, I could e-mail you the moving version, which shows the actual abnormal movement of the eyes, with a couple of blinks thrown in. Sounds tempting, eh? Actually, it doesn't add that much for a non-medical audience. (Even I realize that.) So just right-clicking should get it for you, I assume.

Eric-
I'm not sure I exactly follow your posts, but they're funny. And that's what counts, right?

hamsterbite
IE # 3
Member # 277

OHHH...
RK = Radial Keratotomy, as in the eye surgery! It's all coming into focus now.

Rupert Piston
IE # 175
Member # 2875

Thanks Hamster. I've got it saved to my classrom computer. Terrific likeness of Poe.
hamsterbite
IE # 3
Member # 277

Thanks! Before doing this caricature, I never made the connection between his hair and the feathers of a raven.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Animation Nation

Animation Nation © 1999-2012